Garmin Homeport

Have the above downloaded and have put all my marks on it on my laptop, the map on Homeport has no detail whatsoever only water and land

I've bought a G3 Vison card and just plugged it in with Homport running, expecting to see a mass of contour lines and other details

There is no difference to the chart appearance, but the card is recognised

In the top left corner, I tried to drag and drop the stored marks from Homeport to the card but wasn't allowed

I have registered the card on Garmin express, does it need to go in the plotter first ?

Help

2 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I have registered the card on Garmin express, does it need to go in the plotter first ?

Not sure to be honest, but it could be that it needs to see a device ID, so give it a try ...................

Sounds like you are just seeing the base map, which means that Homeport has not acknowledged the card, or it is ignoring it.

Also, you could give Garmin customer service a call ............ they are very good and the wait times are usually minimal ................

Rang Garmin yesterday while on the boat in front of the plotter

The plotter needs updating, it was using software version 5.50 and should be on 25.4, so will download the update and see if that cures it

The customer service guy said that Homeport doesn't support the G3 vision cards, only earlier versions, a bit pissed off with that

4 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

The plotter needs updating, it was using software version 5.50 and should be on 25.4, so will download the update and see if that cures it

The customer service guy said that Homeport doesn't support the G3 vision cards, only earlier versions, a bit pissed off with that

Doh

9 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

What plotter are you running on now? I know you’ve said but I’m lazy?