Fishy's mate.....

suzook12

Seems tomorrow will be ringing house insurers for a job for one of Fishy's mates..... Puddle appeared on kitchen floor, so pulled washing machine out and dishwasher expecting a leaking pipe. but no..... Water seeping through the feckin plaster!!! Best of it is, theres no water pipes in the wall, and having checked in the loft, theres no water ingress from there, so the mains pipe must be leaking in the floor and soaking up into the wall untill the plaster lets it go!!!

There are several words that I can think of that best describe this situation, best left unmentioned tho.....!!

No..... But I think I've possibly found the problem..... Bit of a puddle on the worktop this morning. Looks like someone has pushed the tap too far back and not urned it off fully either so been dripping heavily...... Waiting to see if it starts drying up now before calling anyone in....

Fingers crossed for you Steve.

We had our old steel mains pipe corrode through under the corner of the kitchen floor a few years ago. Rising water bills and a constant hissing sound that only stopped when we isolated the mains supply was the indicator. We lifted the floor by the stopcock and found a small lake underneath! Had to have the mains supply pipe dug out and replaced with blue poly. 😭

Hope you can avoid doing the same 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

What was the conclusion in the end Steve ?

It was the tap pushed too far round, water puudled on worktop until found a crack in the silicon, then ran down back of wall. Moved tap, dried it all up and no repeat.... lucky escape.... Got a leak in the toilet, pretty much same as Jon's, except ours is the supply pipe in the floor. As we are waiting to see if we can get a grant for a wet room for my Mum, that will wait...

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

It was the tap pushed too far round, water puudled on worktop until found a crack in the silicon, then ran down back of wall. Moved tap, dried it all up and no repeat.... lucky escape.... Got a leak in the toilet, pretty much same as Jon's, except ours is the supply pipe in the floor. As we are waiting to see if we can get a grant for a wet room for my Mum, that will wait...

Wet rooms are the way forward, every time I use a shower with a cubicle set up I forgot that they are normality. Great for older people as well, no 10inch high lip to step over. The down side is my kids seem to think it’s necessary to soak the whole room when they shower 

55 minutes ago, JonC said:

Wet rooms are the way forward, every time I use a shower with a cubicle set up I forgot that they are normality. Great for older people as well, no 10inch high lip to step over. The down side is my kids seem to think it’s necessary to soak the whole room when they shower 

he he ha ha