50W reel wanted

Odyssey

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, JDP said:

Why not Tiagra's ? Just been asked to sell some outfits the fella I often fish with but I believe its just the bigger Tiagra outfits at the moment (80lb class with 1400m of braid on them). 

Happily have a Tiagra as well 🙂 They are in short supply in U.K. Shimano had supply chain issues so took a long time to get stock and forgot about adding them to the list 🤣 80W is fine too just usually more ££££ and being the poor Welshman I have shallow pockets!

Edited by Odyssey

8 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Happily have a Tiagra as well 🙂 They are in short supply in U.K. Shimano had supply chain issues so took a long time to get stock and forgot about adding them to the list 🤣 80W is fine too just usually more ££££ and being the poor Welshman I have shallow pockets!

I will keep you in mind once I know exactly what he wants to sell as I also have some friends heading over around the new year from Hereford, so not far if they were able to take one back with them.

The tuna season will close in a few weeks so I’m already planning on 2024 so if you could keep me in mind that’d be awesome 🙂 

Hereford is only 1 hour away so pretty close really 🙂 Unless I can convince Emma that I need a buisness trip to Australia to collect some fishing gear 🤔😁😁😁😁

I have the outfits in my possession now, a couple of 80w's two 50w, a Talica 50 and a Talica 25 on T curves or custom broadbill rods. Ive also looked into posting to the UK which probably isn't an option as its so high, not to mention the import duties you get hit with. I haven't been able to contact the people who are heading over around xmas, they aren't fishing people, just other family friends over to visit their kids who are here on working holidays. 
Prices aren't sorted yet as he's bringing more items for me to sell for him tomorrow. 
The 80w reels are pretty huge and I believe around the $1200 on the rods, with the rods being more expensive than the reels in some of these setups. The Talica 50 is a nice light outfit to handle, something I would of been interested in myself only Im not as silly as I used to be battling big fish for long periods!!!!
Not sure if its worth you asking on the other site if there is anyone travelling here or if you know of anyone. A Tiagra 50w with a rod would set you back about 500 quid. 

Talica 25, Talica 50 and the 2 50Ws would be lovely… especially if git tide to match…. 

im kt sure on the duty how they work it out… as from memory if it’s a gift it dies t attract duty. I’m not sure on 2nd hand gesr if that attracts duty or not 🤔

Sadly I don’t know if anyone heading g over to Aus else they’d be given a shopping list! 

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Talica 25, Talica 50 and the 2 50Ws would be lovely… especially if git tide to match…. 

im kt sure on the duty how they work it out… as from memory if it’s a gift it dies t attract duty. I’m not sure on 2nd hand gesr if that attracts duty or not 🤔

Sadly I don’t know if anyone heading g over to Aus else they’d be given a shopping list! 

I did send a secondhand reel to someone from the other site who was hit with fee's pretty hard 2 yrs ago. He's also just dropped a couple of tld twin speeds on teaser poles.

• 1 month later...