Alternator belts.

My belts snapped on me yesterday on my way back in. Sea start came out and fitted a single 10 x 1000 belt to enable me to limp home. I did have two spares but turns out they didn't fit and were 10 x 800's. They were the supposed straight swaps for my engine. So the sea start guy thinks I may have an upgraded alternator. 
Now, needing two belts to run the engine safely I need to purchase 3 more (that'll give me a couple of spares), but are all 10 x 1000 belts the same or is there a difference in teeth shape? 

Are the belts toothed to fit toothed wheels, or are the belt teeth just to make a "V" belt more flexible. If the wheels are just a "V" groove then it does not matter, but if the belts engage with the wheel "cogs" obviously the tooth pitch is important. I would expect that the wheels are just plain "V" so any 10x1000 should be ok. I do not know if there is a difference in flexibilty of V belts Geoff. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Are the belts toothed to fit toothed wheels, or are the belt teeth just to make a "V" belt more flexible. If the wheels are just a "V" groove then it does not matter, but if the belts engage with the wheel "cogs" obviously the tooth pitch is important. I would expect that the wheels are just plain "V" so any 10x1000 should be ok. I do not know if there is a difference in flexibilty of V belts Geoff. 

Thanks Geoff. I'm 99% there are no grooves to fit and all is flat smooth. Thanks for the info.