Waiting for the results

jonnyswamp

Had a fishing meeting last Weds with just 8/10 people in attendance

One of the lads rang me yesterday to tell me he had just had a positive test result (had been in contact previously, with someone else who was positive) and could I let the rest of the group know

Turns out 2 others who were also at the meeting had a positive result yesterday

Myself and 2 others were tested yesterday morning and are now awaiting sentence, with all my work put on hold

Oh happy days, that's going to be me, Mrs swamp and 3 swamplettes all couped up together for 10/14 days (whichever set of rules we're following atm)

I have a garage full of logs and Strongbow

Doesn't make sense though, because my symptoms started last Thursday, I have to self isolate from then

Which means I can be free on Sunday, but my Mrs and kids (who haven't had any symptoms at all) have to wait 14 days from now 

Which also means I have to do all the fucking shopping and go to work

Ah. That's a bugger. Fingers crossed you all only get the mild symptoms.

The self-isolation rules don't seem to make sense in every case, but I guess as long as you act in the spirit of limiting the spread then that's what the scientists are hoping for.

Best go crack a Strongbow then... shout if you need more and we'll arrange an air-drop 🤣👍

2 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Doesn't make sense though, because my symptoms started last Thursday, I have to self isolate from then

Which means I can be free on Sunday, but my Mrs and kids (who haven't had any symptoms at all) have to wait 14 days from now 

Which also means I have to do all the fucking shopping and go to work

I find the concept of self isolation pretty scary, imagine being locked down with me? How would you like it?