Anti foul

So, it’s nearly that time again. Last season I put on Hempel hard racing and I seems to work pretty good. You do get the slime layer but no real barnacles of coral worm growth. 
Just wondered if there is an even better product to prevent even the slime? 
What do you guys use and why?

Copper coat....

Been on there 10 years, still going. Hose off slime and back in. 

I’ll see what it looks like next year but get it redone. Yes it costs more but spread the cost out over the years a d it’s cheaper.... also means less time on the hard when boat comes out the water 

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Copper coat....

Been on there 10 years, still going. Hose off slime and back in. 

I’ll see what it looks like next year but get it redone. Yes it costs more but spread the cost out over the years a d it’s cheaper.... also means less time on the hard when boat comes out the water 

Well slime is all I get for £85 and a mid season hose down. I do mix zinc and copper oxide to my AF. 

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

Copper coat maybe worth a look 🙂 

£4500 to do my boat. Just can’t justify that outlay when I still would need a lift and jet wash mid season. Over 10 years it may equal out but a smaller outlay every year is easier to swallow.

21 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

£4500 to do my boat. Just can’t justify that outlay when I still would need a lift and jet wash mid season. Over 10 years it may equal out but a smaller outlay every year is easier to swallow.

Plus he won't be keeping the boat for 10 years so he won't get the benefit of it...

#weneedapotstirringemoji

32 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Would you not consider doing it yourself? It’s only like applying normal anti foul once it’s mixed up I believe. 70% of that cost is labour I guess. 

I use Hempel hard on racing, although I get slime I don’t get the eco system effect like other boats. Unless you are parked next to a boat that gets similar use it’s hard to compare. A regularly used boat won’t get the growth so much just that slime.