Navionics Shading Update

Anyone seen it? 

Anyone used it? I know it’s available on the app, but I don’t navigate using a tablet I use plotters so not sure if it works on plotters yet.... or if mine is even compatible! 

I've only watched a couple of videos on YT about it but it looks good. On a par with the C-Map Reveal layer. Based on what Navionics suggest on their website they may have mapped a larger area of the sea floor than C-Map, but as I already have the C-Map chart I'll give the Navionics version a miss for now.

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Anyone seen it? 

Anyone used it? I know it’s available on the app, but I don’t navigate using a tablet I use plotters so not sure if it works on plotters yet.... or if mine is even compatible! 

From what I've read you need to update your Navionics SD card then the compatible plotters will offer the relief shading option

i have upgraded my ipad and phone and think it's awesome though haven't actually been to sea with it yet as only just done it a week ago. I have been on a charter boat which had it and the skipper raved about it. You can check the Navionics website to see if your plotter or tablet is compatible as my old ipad couldn't cope with the update.

36 minutes ago, Dicky said:

i have upgraded my ipad and phone and think it's awesome though haven't actually been to sea with it yet as only just done it a week ago. I have been on a charter boat which had it and the skipper raved about it. You can check the Navionics website to see if your plotter or tablet is compatible as my old ipad couldn't cope with the update.

What’s the new update called officially? I’m not sure if my plotter (Simrad NSE12) is compatible. I don’t want to pay for the updated charts unless I know will work on my plotter 🙂

22 hours ago, Odyssey said:

What’s the new update called officially? I’m not sure if my plotter (Simrad NSE12) is compatible. I don’t want to pay for the updated charts unless I know will work on my plotter 🙂

It's called Relief Shading and once updated the plotter should give you that option similar to Sonar Chart on the Simrad plotters, I've got a GO9 and a GO5 the GO9 should be compatible once I update the chart