Artificials

Anyone here still use redgill eels? 

I paid £20 for 20 redgills, 35 shad, french booms, running booms about 20 muppets, 5 sets of feathers, 50 6/0 hooks and a filleting knife.

Now I used to use redgill eels behind a bubble float and 5ft trace for bass off Gower rocks as a kid and drifting for bass on the boat (white was best) 

Hopefully be good for the west wales pollack. 

Anyone else use them? Any more tips if you do? Or is it all fancy slow pitch jigging these days 😉 

21 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

What a bargain Luke if all that was for £20?

Yep 🙂 

I thought was too good to pass up. Not as painful if lose a few then (likely!)

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Was that an eBay purchase?

Nope, saw an ad on Facebook marketplace made a cheeky offer, got accepted and posted a few days later 🙂 

There is a flea market near me where a guy sells 2nd hand gear too. Buys job lots sometimes last time I was there 20 packs of feathers and hokais for £5 🙂 

Ive had some bargain gear from there and Facebook. Mint TLD25 for £25 was the best, Powermesh uotiders x2 for £60 (sold for £100 each) 

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I paid £20 for 20 redgills, 35 shad, french booms, running booms about 20 muppets, 5 sets of feathers, 50 6/0 hooks and a filleting knife.

Now I used to use redgill eels behind a bubble float and 5ft trace for bass off Gower rocks as a kid and drifting for bass on the boat (white was best) 

Anyone else use them? Any more tips if you do? Or is it all fancy slow pitch jigging these days 😉 

Bargain. I found some from 40 years ago and they caught. Maybe there’s a better action with an unweighted plastic off a boom rather that a 150g Savage Gear Sandeel straight down.

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

What were the Redgills  ....... Originals (Flasher, Rascal, or Raver), Evolutions, Evostix, or Vibroshad ?

10 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

What were the Redgills  ....... Originals (Flasher, Rascal, or Raver), Evolutions, Evostix, or Vibroshad ?

Original ones, single colour.... just like I remember as a kid 🤣🤣🤣

someone one is doing a job lot of stuff on Facebook marketplace, £65 for a a whole load of stuff 

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

Original ones, single colour.... just like I remember as a kid 🤣🤣🤣

someone one is doing a job lot of stuff on Facebook marketplace, £65 for a a whole load of stuff 

Originals are still available, I sell hundreds of them. The yanks love them as teasers for the stripped Bass.

I tend to use the 115mm (original Rascals) on the wrecks, I just change the hook for something a little larger.

Reefing around hats and barrels is a tackle graveyard. 

100ft- 5ft in a few yards.

I don’t do much reefing but on the small tides it keeps Emma happy catching edibles. Hopefully I can use her skills to keep the freezer stocked with chum as well as a few fish suppers 🙂