Oh dear

Odyssey

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Not much of a football fan myself but better luck next time....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55806211

When your squad is depleted due to injury and you are forced to give a couple of youngsters debuts, it makes a game hard when one of them gets a straight red after 79 seconds. Then to have your centre back receive a straight red for not even touching a guy, in fact making an effort to pull out of any contact (which was totally visible) you know it’s not your night. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

When your squad is depleted due to injury and you are forced to give a couple of youngsters debuts, it makes a game hard when one of them gets a straight red after 79 seconds. Then to have your centre back receive a straight red for not even touching a guy, in fact making an effort to pull out of any contact (which was totally visible) you know it’s not your night. 

Has that been bothering you all night? 

at least they will stop harping on about the Leicester result now. 

I used to have a drink every time they mentioned the Leiciecster result during a game - I was hammered by half time - i'll be double drunk now!

We march on - losing is losing- its only 3 points whether it was 1.0 or 9.0 results still the same.

8 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

at least they will stop harping on about the Leicester result now. 

I used to have a drink every time they mentioned the Leiciecster result during a game - I was hammered by half time - i'll be double drunk now!

We march on - losing is losing- its only 3 points whether it was 1.0 or 9.0 results still the same.

Yes Mike, quite. Luckily we have a game in hand over Arsenal so if we can pull together and scrape at least a point at Newcastle on Saturday, we will be on the road to making up for it. 
Last night wasn’t as bad as the Leicester game for two reasons...... firstly because we are depleted and we’re playing with ten men for most of the game.. and secondly because I was at home and didn’t have to add insult to injury by walking home in the howling wind and rain after!! 

plus we should have had a goal, that wasn't offside, and it wasn't a 2nd Red. 

we've been top of the league, beaten liverpool, and had a pretty good season so far - this is merely a bump in the road. 

we still have ings, adams, JWP, and now Minimino - just need to shore up our defence!

3 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

plus we should have had a goal, that wasn't offside, and it wasn't a 2nd Red. 

we've been top of the league, beaten liverpool, and had a pretty good season so far - this is merely a bump in the road. 

we still have ings, adams, JWP, and now Minimino - just need to shore up our defence!

Yes I look forward to the return of vesterguard (can’t believe I’ve said that, last season I would have shipped him out). We should have bought in the transfer window. But hey, it’s the Southampton way.