Deck wash hose

Some of you may know that my Hosecoil deck wash hose has more holes in it than @Saintly Fish's thruster tube, and I've been looking for a replacement for some time that wasn't either astronomically expensive or sold from the US with import charges.

I finally found somewhere online that sold not only the right hose, but it also came with a new spray head and sponge, all for £15!

3CrJgZq.jpg

https://cpc.farnell.com/hosecoil/580-hs5004u/self-coiling-hosepipe-std-blue/dp/SI18847?st=hosecoil

The hose length is about 2.5 times what I need, so I've cut it to length and will keep the rest as a spare.

#littlewin!

Looks great just what I’m looking for 🙂 

My deck was connected directly to pump buried under the deck. Hose split so I’ve cut it back and now have a stainless connector which I can connect a standard garden hose to. 

Just need a curly hose to connect for washing down.... if I could only get to the boat..... 😢😢😢😢

Edited by Odyssey

im the category manager for "a well know trades retailer" and look after outdoor-  inc hoses - so would be good to get your verdict on the hosecoil - who makes it?

we do mostly Hozelock, & Fitt Spa hoses - some own brand. ive found the hozelock superhose to be good (when used correctly) and the YoYo stretch hose - both pack away nice and small.  

11 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

im the category manager for "a well know trades retailer" and look after outdoor-  inc hoses - so would be good to get your verdict on the hosecoil - who makes it?

we do mostly Hozelock, & Fitt Spa hoses - some own brand. ive found the hozelock superhose to be good (when used correctly) and the YoYo stretch hose - both pack away nice and small.  

HoseCoil make the hose in question (https://hosecoil.com/). They seem to be mostly well known for marine deck wash systems but I also see that they've branched out into the garden hose space and also do that flat pack spiral hose too.

My old HoseCoil hose had a couple of pinhole leaks, which was why I needed to replace it (TBF it was around ten years old). Other online reviews suggest that the HoseCoil hoses split at the tap end when used in a garden setting (likely the point of most articulation and therefore stress on the hose itself). I'll let you know how I get on with the new hose, but for the price I can't really complain.