Pollack in the east Wight area - do they exist?

Anyone got any reliable tips for where to find pollack in the east Wight/south of the island areas? I've been trying on and off for the last couple of seasons to find some pollack in the 3-4lb range but I'm just not connecting with them.

Tried St Cat's Deep (only had bass there so far), Culver Spit (dogfish, so not all bad), and Boulder Bank (only fished it briefly so perhaps worth giving it another try).

Feel free to PM me if you prefer, and as I say, I'm not after your lunker marks - I'm just looking for somewhere that holds a few plate-sized fish reliably.

I've not heard of any reliable marks,  the wreck at Dean Tail does hold small Pollock and Pout but smaller than the size you are after.    You do get the lunkers turn up on the open marks winter time but they are not predictable.  Really if its Pollock you are after it's the channel wrecks that hold them. 

Thanks Scott, you're confirming what I had alredy began to suspect. We don't really have the ground for them round our way. Looks like I'd be better off catching them from the fishmonger still.

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Thanks Scott, you're confirming what I had alredy began to suspect. We don't really have the ground for them round our way. Looks like I'd be better off catching them from the fishmonger still.

I bet you’d still blank there! 🤣

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Do you not fancy heading to the wrecks? Some are not as far as you think.