Intro/catch report

Bones

Good evening gentlemen. 

Hope all your fishing is going well 👍

So, a little bit about me seeing as I've skipped the intro...

Still very new to lure fishing for bass. Fished most of my life but never any serious salt water efforts until a year ago. I love the sense of freedom sea fishing brings and the watercraft involved with an enormous body of water such as the sea. 

Report from today...

Booked a couple of days off so I could take full advantage of the time of year and today was the first good crack at it. 

I had a couple of hours of shit tide to use up this morning so popped to Southsea to chuck a seeker about for a laugh. Found a couple of manky gars and then headed over to a new mark that me @Tadpole have been having a pop at. Started covering ground over features with my patch 125 and a kahki gravity stick with the paddle tail. The first fish of around the high 40s came on the stick with just a slow straight retrieve and nothing added to it but the rattle. The second fish exactly the same only this one was WAY better! A nice big heavy lump that kited around me about 8ft away just to show me everything before the hook popped and came flying past my head....FUCK!!! I dont need to describe the devastation do I.

Long story short, all was redeemed with 8 fish throughout the day and every one on the gravity stick. All high 40s apart from a couple that were better including a 60cm PB.

@Tadpoleturned up last minuite and done his usual thing of catching the biggen and then casting his patch a million miles into the distance over and over again for fun 😉

All in all in all, probably the best days fishing I've ever had 👍

Cheers for reading 

20201015_221900.jpg

20201015_221819.jpg

20201015_221724.jpg

Edited by Bones

Said it before mate, for the first full season at this you've come an awfully long way in such a short period of time! Water craft on show today was spot on and will only get better with experience and those efforts were well rewarded today.

I was recently told of a chap that had started this luring lark and bought up anything and everything with a reasonable write up, one could say he tried to buy success.. even after paying guides his catch total for his first year was low single digit.. how many Bass are you on for the year do you reckon?

52 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Welcome Bones! Good to have you here. Sounds like a very productive session - good work. 👍

I have yet to pick up my lure rod this season 😬. Must try harder!

Thanks Andy. Theres still time! The amount of fish we saw today was crazy.

8 hours ago, Tadpole said:

Said it before mate, for the first full season at this you've come an awfully long way in such a short period of time! Water craft on show today was spot on and will only get better with experience and those efforts were well rewarded today.

I was recently told of a chap that had started this luring lark and bought up anything and everything with a reasonable write up, one could say he tried to buy success.. even after paying guides his catch total for his first year was low single digit.. how many Bass are you on for the year do you reckon?

Thanks mate, very kind. I'm not sure how many but hopefully a few more before it gets really hard 👍

57 minutes ago, JonC said:

Hi Bones. Credit where it’s due for putting up with tadpole, can’t imagine how testing having him wrapped around you must be but it’s an important part of his rehabilitation which we all thank you for. 

Bones this is Jon, perhaps an heads up would've been in order.. suppose one could say every village has its idiot and our little gathering is not exempt, Jon certainly takes the gold, silver and bronze standard in idiots and is 'our' idiot with an unhealthy does of deliverance to boot.. when he delivers his catch reports which isn't that often, it tends to be pin Whiting and Dogs.. we know this isn't noteworthy but just congratulate him anyway, less agro in the long run. 🤪

Andy and Stains keep him around as it does wonders for the diversity and inclusion certification they hope to attain, special Olympics here we come!!

Oh, ask Stains how he got on when we got together for a lockdown session!! 🤣

Edited by Tadpole

4 minutes ago, Tadpole said:

Oh, ask Stains how he got on when we got together for a lockdown session!! 🤣

No need for that, I’m sure your big gob will have all bases covered !

anyway, that’s no way to treat a novice lure chucka, your supposed to encourage. I suppose you saw the potential and got scared I might steal your glory. 

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Fisty told me it was the longest 3 hours of his life, you constantly cast over him and kept asking ‘is that a bite?’ Every time the rod bent with the tide. 

Stains didn't tell you that and if he did im afraid our special little man has been mislead.. he didn't spend any considerable amount of time fishing as every cast he made he'd spend the following 30 minutes unpicking birdsnests no idea why when lure fishing the rods would bend with tide!? .. must be an Essex thing.........

15 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

No need for that, I’m sure your big gob will have all bases covered !

anyway, that’s no way to treat a novice lure chucka, your supposed to encourage. I suppose you saw the potential and got scared I might steal your glory. 

No mate, I'll leave you to woo us with your tales of luring mastery.. 

Standing by for Fridays morale boost. 🤗

8 minutes ago, Tadpole said:

No mate, I'll leave you to woo us with your tales of luring mastery.. 

Standing by for Fridays morale boost. 🤗

I don’t have any, can’t you read ? I’m a novice who you should be nurturing not tormenting. 

• 2 weeks later...