Weather window

Scotch_Egg2012

Thanks for the report again. Shame about the lost fish, it’s gutting when it happens. 
My boy played what was probably a large stinger for about twenty minutes a couple of years ago, it was like hooking into the seabed but it was moving about. He was getting tired, passed the rod to me and the line parted soon after. He still goes on about it🤣

11 hours ago, JonC said:

Thanks for the report again. Shame about the lost fish, it’s gutting when it happens. 
My boy played what was probably a large stinger for about twenty minutes a couple of years ago, it was like hooking into the seabed but it was moving about. He was getting tired, passed the rod to me and the line parted soon after. He still goes on about it🤣

That's is exactly the fight he had,  I said to him that is a big Ray and likely a stinger as they do come inshore on the beaches not far,  our biggest on my boat came from a mark just over a mile away on exactly the same bait and rig also fishing for Tope 

Nice report and great that the mackerel are starting to show,pity about the lost fish I hate it when the line parts as it gets the mind going through the What If scenario 😀, from the picture you posted it looks not far from where I have bream marks so I think it's maybe time for a visit, my PB is just over 3lb from around Sandown Bay.

Steve

57 minutes ago, Tony smith said:

Great report Scotch

Shame about losing the fish 

Use wire mate 👍

It wasn't the hook length that broke,  it was above the top swivel.  I think we could have used industrial strength cable and still not moved it.  It was like he had hooked the seabed except it lunged and took line.  Tide was just too strong get it off the bottom