Boat value

jonnyswamp

With the price of used boats (amongst other things) going up, has anyone had their boat valued recently

Was always going to get mine valued for insurance purposes, as my ins co (Porthcawl) would only insure me up to what I paid for it, not what it was worth at the time

They said if I had it valued, they would then insure it for that figure, but until then only the purchase price

I dare say there could be a fair few people under insured at the moment

28 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

With the price of used boats (amongst other things) going up, has anyone had their boat valued recently

Was always going to get mine valued for insurance purposes, as my ins co (Porthcawl) would only insure me up to what I paid for it, not what it was worth at the time

They said if I had it valued, they would then insure it for that figure, but until then only the purchase price

I dare say there could be a fair few people under insured at the moment

I have moved away from porthcawl this year as they would only insure me to 12 miles and refuse to budge on it, but last year they insured me from the River Elbe to La Rochelle ! 

I moved back to CraftInsure who were happy the insure me for the all of the English channel, and it was cheaper, without a cost breakdown / a zillion stupid questions, so a win win.

According to the manufacturer my boat is worth almost as much as I paid for it new in 2019, but I will be keeping this one as it ticks a lot of boxes for me.

17 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I have moved away from porthcawl this year as they would only insure me to 12 miles and refuse to budge on it, but last year they insured me from the River Elbe to La Rochelle ! 

I moved back to CraftInsure who were happy the insure me for the all of the English channel, and it was cheaper, without a cost breakdown / a zillion stupid questions, so a win win.

According to the manufacturer my boat is worth almost as much as I paid for it new in 2019, but I will be keeping this one as it ticks a lot of boxes for me.

How much is your policy Ian? 

6 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Boat is valued at £47K and the policy was about £289, with a £250 excess ............ I thought it was good value, compared to last years price with Porthcawl (£375)

Very similar to mine. I’m valued at circa £45k and pay £313, for full coverage including the channel isles . I don’t even need to notify them if I intend to go there. I’m with GJW. 

We're with Porthcawl and get 20 miles coverage but had to ask for it as 12 miles was standard. Due for renewal in December so will check we still get it then. Also have new for old coverage on everything except the outboard which is market value. This is on a 18 ft boat on a trailer