Tope no tope

Saintly Fish

07.30 saw @Andy135and young Thomas arrive promptly at Hamble. They were joining Leo and I for a long haul (for us) west of the needles to a mark called the hockey stick. The idea was to get fuel W route by stopping in at Yarmouth. Then dangle for some fresh mackerel before completing the next half of the journey. Fuel stop went well, except for Andys amateur hour throw of the mooring line 🤦🏻.

Mackerel fishing was a fail, never mind at least we had a live bait tank for washing our hands in. 
Got to the mark to find 4-5 boats drifting where we wanted to anchor. 
So we adjusted slightly so as not to get in their way. And 5 hours later we had the sun total of 4 dogs and one hound. 
That was it, we did try a drift for a bit after talking to @Tony smith on the radio, but again, nothing. 
So home we went, where the boys got the spinning rod out and caught 3 bass just 10 ft from the boat. 
A great day out but no fruit from the tree. Cheers for the company boys, I’ll try harder next time promise. 

Oh and btw, I caught the hound!! 

9B125593-7693-4EDA-946B-3F3BAA2579DC.jpeg.b1bc275baf7b73aac4f05747fe23bb64.jpeg

27EC6ECA-ED03-4DF9-92AF-1029B3CE1FD9.jpeg.82dd1af376b596e4e3342234473be472.jpeg

Thanks for the fun and giggles Neil. Fishing wasn't firing but it was still a very enjoyable trip.

Agree, must try harder with my line throwing... tell you what... I'll practice my line throwing for next time if you practice putting us on the fish 😱🤣👍

That said, I managed a couple of dogs so it was still a win for me!  🐶🐟

P2g4Zvg.jpg

Thomas had a great time too. Thanks as always 👍

45 minutes ago, JonC said:

So no great difficulty for a normal person? The way Andy described it was as if it was like using a lasso on a deranged bull or something. 

I know, he doesn’t want to loose face is all. Maybe I was under estimating, maybe it was more like 1.2m. 

6 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I know, he doesn’t want to loose face is all. Maybe I was under estimating, maybe it was more like 1.2m. 

My face isn't loose thank you very much, but I daresay I did lose some of it with my girlie first throw.

#throwslikeagirl

#thegrammarpoliceareonthecase