Loading the Bait Freezer !

Just finished packing away 40kg of unwashed squid, 10 rolls of blacks, a few bags of peelers, 10kg of prawns, and sorting out 10kg of sandeels, The freezer is full now !

The squid takes a while as there is a bit of a knack to allowing it to unfreeze enough to tease them apart but not completely unfreeze, then they are packed into zip bags of 5 or 6.

I was out prospecting yesterday, so picked up the Sandeels on my way in from the netters,  now packed in bags of 10.

Edited by GPSguru

6 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Just finished packing away 40kg of unwashed squid, 10 rolls of blacks, a few bags of peelers, 10kg of prawns, and sorting out 10kg of sandeels, The freezer is full now !

The squid takes a while as there is a bit of a knack to allowing it to unfreeze enough to tease them apart but not completely unfreeze, then they are packed into zip bags of 5 or 6.

I was out prospecting yesterday, so picked up the Sandeels on my way in form the netters,  now packed in bags of 10.

Where did you get your peeler? 

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Where did you get your peeler? 

The guy I normally blag mine from is off on long term sick leave, but a really nice guy and I wish him well following a cycle accident.

These came from Baits R Us (Andy’s Baits) in Portsmouth. Always good quality and these guys have never let me down. TBH, I find no difference between fresh peeler and frozen peeler, it all works.

3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've had squid from them a few times, always been good quality and usually cheaper than others when bought in bulk

Yep, I used to buy the 10kg blocks and freeze in smaller amounts. 

if I’m back for the cod this year will do the same now as her I’ve got more freezer space