Mid channel wrecks 26th June

jonnyswamp

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Well blow me! A unicorn! Top dangling that man 👍

Looks like Chesil to me, so not surprised on the Bass / Cod combo.

We get a few Codling (up to 4lb) every winter off Torbay, but you have to know exactly where to fish, Kyle is the Cod expert and gets a few every year.

14 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Looks like Chesil to me, so not surprised on the Bass / Cod combo.

We get a few Codling (up to 4lb) every winter off Torbay, but you have to know exactly where to fish, Kyle is the Cod expert and gets a few every year.

Ive had quite alot of luck on the cod close in on my sib only a stones throw from Torquay. They are still there now if it helps

C8D0A383-8836-415F-9859-11D54D6366A3.jpeg

Between Meadfoot and Thatcher is always a good shout, as is the Northern side of the Orestone. Also, drifting between the Orestone and Flat Stone (Leadstone) can be quite productive. We also pick up a few drifting the Mudstone Ledge area.

I have a few hours to spare in the morning, so I may well go out to the wrecks, I will try a few different ones this time, probably starting at the Peronne and ending up at the Modavia or Reggestroom. My usual trip would be out past the Swansea and on toward the Empress.

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Between Meadfoot and Thatcher is always a good shout, as is the Northern side of the Orestone. Also, drifting between the Orestone and Flat Stone (Leadstone) can be quite productive. We also pick up a few drifting the Mudstone Ledge area.

I have a few hours to spare in the morning, so I may well go out to the wrecks, I will try a few different ones this time, probably starting at the Peronne and ending up at the Modavia or Reggestroom. My usual trip would be out past the Swansea and on toward the Empress.

Yeah keep on going past Swansea…. I spent 21 years there, was bad then, worse now 😉 

(Tight lines if you do get out 🙂 )

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Its a bit slow but im hoping the may rot will have burnt off after leaving it a few days. Its certainly looking flat. 

perrone has been off and on so far. Lots of small bass showing on the north wrecks stewart,boma. Brittange gave me a good session couple of days ago! Havent been up to empress in the new boat yet.

most of the lads have been struggling and pushing further and further south east. Shande is down rotorutura alot these days.

i may pop out keep a look out for a guy that doesnt know what hes doing 😉

1 minute ago, fishybuisness said:

Its a bit slow but im hoping the may rot will have burnt off after leaving it a few days. Its certainly looking flat. 

perrone has been off and on so far. Lots of small bass showing on the north wrecks stewart,boma. Brittange gave me a good session couple of days ago! Havent been up to empress in the new boat yet.

most of the lads have been struggling and pushing further and further south east. Shande is down rotorutura alot these days.

i may pop out keep a look out for a guy that doesnt know what hes doing 😉

I notice the ‘June rot’ 🤣 is now beginning to clear.

We fish the Stewart a lot but TBH I find it better to fish in the winter , often finding double figure Pollock.

Last time I went out we didn't find fish on the wrecks in any quantity until we were 20 - 30 miles out.

Yes, the Perrone normally produces a few Bass and the commercials dont fish much it because it is too snaggy.

Generally the ‘coal boat’ (Bretagne) is over fished and doesn't produce like it did a few years ago.