Jump to content

Mid channel wrecks 26th June


jonnyswamp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nice one sounds like a good day. You were lucky you left that early as M5 had only just shut. Traffic was at a standstill by 9am through Burnham down to Bridgewater and beyond, took me 1 1/4 hours to do about 6 miles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Nice one sounds like a good day. You were lucky you left that early as M5 had only just shut. Traffic was at a standstill by 9am through Burnham down to Bridgewater and beyond, took me 1 1/4 hours to do about 6 miles.

Sounds like a nasty one

As for leaving early, we always do

Would rather hang about for half an hour or so on the pontoon, than rush about like headless chickens

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good session. Well done to you all... well, maybe not Lucky John... 🤣

Who's that grumpy bugger in the second to last photo? Tell him to smile for the camera next time 😉🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Good session. Well done to you all... well, maybe not Lucky John... 🤣

Who's that grumpy bugger in the second to last photo? Tell him to smile for the camera next time 😉🤣

I'm smiling inside ☺️

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Your fish looks happier. 

It's a bit of standing joke in our house, in that I can't smile on cue for the camera and I ruin most family photos (that and my distinct lack of photogene....something)

I'm not a miserable bugger, honest

I just sometimes forget to tell my face

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

It's a bit of standing joke in our house, in that I can't smile on cue for the camera and I ruin most family photos (that and my distinct lack of photogene....something)

I'm not a miserable bugger, honest

I just sometimes forget to tell my face

I know what you mean. Smiling to order can just make you (not you) look like a proper mong. If it ain’t real don’t do it ! 
Having said that, your fish does look happy on camera. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm smiling inside ☺️

Some nice fish there guys. Although the majority of the time we can get away using lighter jigs I always recommend a couple of heavier ones for such an occasion. It never hurts to carry a couple. Still producing fish at slack water on jigs so well done. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Trundling down the M5 and see a gantry sign telling us that it was closed between J24 and J25

Got diverted off J24 and could see 3 lanes of traffic at a dead stop

That was a single car (Audi) RTA and the passenger was killed, the driver was arrested at the scene.

Sounds like you had a good day, the wrecks are still very hit and miss at the moment.

Yes, I always start on a 250g jig on the mid channel wrecks and adjust as required.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

That was a single car (Audi) RTA and the passenger was killed, the driver was arrested at the scene.

Sounds like you had a good day, the wrecks are still very hit and miss at the moment.

Yes, I always start on a 250g jig on the mid channel wrecks and adjust as required.

Terrible, but assumed it was nasty

As for the jigs, I've just ordered some heavier ones from @Terry Smith

I've a lot of investment in this SP jigging, with not a lot to show for it up to now

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've a lot of investment in this SP jigging, with not a lot to show for it up to now

I'm just like that... but with normal fishing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Terrible, but assumed it was nasty

As for the jigs, I've just ordered some heavier ones from @Terry Smith

I've a lot of investment in this SP jigging, with not a lot to show for it up to now

 

Oh, it works OK, and is very addictive ! After you 1st double you will be reaching for the SPJ rod a lot more often.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Terrible, but assumed it was nasty

As for the jigs, I've just ordered some heavier ones from @Terry Smith

I've a lot of investment in this SP jigging, with not a lot to show for it up to now

 

 

11 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Oh, it works OK, and is very addictive ! After you 1st double you will be reaching for the SPJ rod a lot more often.

Absolutely, It was like that when I started as I just couldn't get a strike whatever I did then it suddenly all fell into place and I've had some excellent days. Not sure I'm doing anything different except now fishing with confidence as I know the method works.

When you fish with this confidence you will catch more, its the best advantage you can have. Persevere mate, it will happen.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Great catch report. Lovely to see others in jig heaven. 
 

I have found lately that most of the fish rise quite high above the wrecks and the pout catching is mostly because your in the 2m off the wreck pout zone 

the inshore wrecks have been slow lately but over the last week the bass have shown up in better numbers. This is the first year ive had my first double off the shore before the boat! 

mods : again i cant upload any pics due to the pic size limit 

thanks all

Dave M 

Edited by fishybuisness
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, fishybuisness said:

Great catch report. Lovely to see others in jig heaven. 
 

I have found lately that most of the fish rise quite high above the wrecks and the pout catching is mostly because your in the 2m off the wreck pout zone 

the inshore wrecks have been slow lately but over the last week the bass have shown up in better numbers. This is the first year ive had my first double off the shore before the boat! 

mods : again i cant upload any pics due to the pic size limit 

thanks all

Dave M 

Hi Dave,

No mods on Offshore Outlaws 😉👍

Take a look here for posting pics.

The file size limit is deliberately set smaller than other sites because we fund the running costs of offshoreoutlaws.co.uk from our own pockets and the larger the files the more it costs us. We aim never to use advertising so anything our members can to do to reduce the sizes of the files they post really helps to avoid the need for adverts. Most members either use a file sharing site or reduce the size of the pics on their phones before posting. @Saintly Fish finds that a quick edit/crop/save works for him.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the site! 👍

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Hi Dave,

No mods on Offshore Outlaws 😉👍

Take a look here for posting pics.

The file size limit is deliberately set smaller than other sites because we fund the running costs of offshoreoutlaws.co.uk from our own pockets and the larger the files the more it costs us. We aim never to use advertising so anything our members can to do to reduce the sizes of the files they post really helps to avoid the need for adverts. Most members either use a file sharing site or reduce the size of the pics on their phones before posting. @Saintly Fish finds that a quick edit/crop/save works for him.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the site! 👍

Hi Dave, yeah I second what Andy says. Just edit your photo by a small 1mm crop, then save and upload. Works a treat and also stop pics from being posted side ways! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fishybuisness said:

Thanks guys i will try that! Still learning all this stuff

Good stuff. Give us a shout if you get stuck and I'll talk you through it if needed. It's a tough balancing act between staying on top of running costs and providing a great user experience for members, so we really appreciate the help our members give by keeping their file sizes manageable.

Welcome again. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your adventures afloat 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fishybuisness said:

Great catch report. Lovely to see others in jig heaven. 
 

I have found lately that most of the fish rise quite high above the wrecks and the pout catching is mostly because your in the 2m off the wreck pout zone 

the inshore wrecks have been slow lately but over the last week the bass have shown up in better numbers. This is the first year ive had my first double off the shore before the boat! 

mods : again i cant upload any pics due to the pic size limit 

thanks all

Dave M 

First double of the year….. 😳😳😳😳😳😳🙈🙈🙈🙈

 

uoull make Andy jealous. He only catches dogfish 🤣

Edited by Odyssey
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fishybuisness said:

Last year it took me till October before i had one from the shore. It was a good one though

366610D0-5921-4317-9D7D-BE69809714C5.jpeg

Well blow me! A unicorn! Top dangling that man 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...