Chasing tope. 1st August.

Andy135

As always, good value in having you both on board. Shame about our school boy fishing again. But never mind we are improving. 
Just wish the kraken had showed us some colour. I’ve never felt anything like that before , defo a spot to return to when more beefed up for the job!! 

Looks like a good trip, and a shame that Neil never got to see what snapped him up.

Always good to see the kids fishing, and such a shame about Thomas. @Andy135, next time, get Thomas to the stern of the boat and tell him to look past the cabin at the horizon, make sure he is standing up when you do it. He needs to have the horizon and part of the boat in his line of vision. What that does, is to balance the inner ear and eyes to the brain, which then stops you feeling unwell and being sick.  I guess he was sick through looking at the water and not lifting his eyes to the horizon every now and again. The eyes were telling the brain one picture, and the inner ear (from the boat movement) was telling the brain a different story, once that happens the brain thinks you are ill, and you start being sick and feeling unwell.

Did you fillet the gurnard or skin it by pulling it inside out ?

7 hours ago, JDP said:

Not to far from one of the wrecks I used to fish at Alum Bay in those last shots, shallow water but lost of eels on it and rarely fished.

Yeah I can’t say I’ve ever seen anybody fishing there. It’s quite a rocky floor, maybe that’s why? 

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

get Thomas to the stern of the boat and tell him to look past the cabin at the horizon, make sure he is standing up when you do it.

We did all of this and he came round a bit. But then He and Leo would go back to playing on a Nintendo and it all started again. 
Leo fine btw so it’s funny how it effects some and not others. Or Leo is just more used to the water. 

@GPSguru, as Neil says we had Thomas outside looking at the cliffs which did help. He then fell asleep for an hour or so, so I suspect it may have been a combination of too much Nintendo and tiredness from the early start that did for him. Usually he is fine on board but the swell was not something he's experienced before. 

The gurnard was filleted then skinned then boned.

8 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Nice trip both, great that your boys get on so well

SF, monster eel ?

We were thinking a monster ray, but after dragging up that rock on the anchor an giant eel that quickly ran home or just poked his head out of a hole to rob the bait was our thinking. 

5 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Or maybe a Bull huss double ?

Possible, he could have run off and got me trapped under a rock. The braid was what gave way and not the leader or hook length. So quite plausible that whatever it was was hiding in the rocks.