What slipway on the south coast?

Our boat is getting dangerously close to being ready to actually use. What slip way would you recommend for its maiden voyage? 

It will be the first time we launch any boat, first time reversing down a slipway.

Looking for somewhere with a nice wide slipway with plenty of space to maneuver the car and park up with the trailer. For the first time I'm not bothered about the cost, within reason!

I'm in Berkshire, so somewhere around Chichester, Southampton area would be great

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

there is a slipway at swanik just off the m 27 near Southampton

it is wide can youse it most of the tide, car park was not dear last time i was there. oh and the slipway is free

Edited by captin slows old outlaw

On 8/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, Andy135 said:

Not used it myself but I've heard the slip at Northney Marina is good, with trailer parking and a launch pontoon to tie up to once afloat while parking your trailer, loading the boat etc.

Heard on the grapevine recently that Northney are no longer allowing non-berth-holders to use the slipway. Second-hand info so prob worth calling ahead to confirm before setting off.

7 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

there is a slipway at swanik just off the m 27 near Southampton

it is wide can youse it most of the tide, car park was not dear last time i was there. oh and the slipway is free

Actually the slipway is not free here pete. Users have to pay the harbour master for the use of it and the river. 
Im not sure if this can be done as a day ticket or annual harbour dues are required.

Also, the carpark is no longer free, it was, up until the start of this year when the council decided that because people were staying at home for the summer and paddle boarding or kayaking more, they would charge and make more money for themselves!! Its the same at the carpark west of Lee on Solent. 

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Actually the slipway is not free here pete. Users have to pay the harbour master for the use of it and the river. 
Im not sure if this can be done as a day ticket or annual harbour dues are required.

Also, the carpark is no longer free, it was, up until the start of this year when the council decided that because people were staying at home for the summer and paddle boarding or kayaking more, they would charge and make more money for themselves!! Its the same at the carpark west of Lee on Solent. 

i have never paid a fee for that slipway and never paid harbor dues or any thing

am i that dogy looking