Boat out time

Got the boat lifted out late Friday and spent Saturday (with 3 of my usual crew) cleaning, polishing, sweating and swearing

Back down yesterday for a couple of coats of anti foul and when the anodes turn up, hopefully back in the water this Friday

Also got chance to put her name on this time, the stern was easy, but the bow sides had to be cut and stuck on individually due to the curvature of the hull

Didn't turn out too bad, just few tiny bubbles on the Starboard where the sun gave me a bit of grief

Don't know if these pics will work as my Flckr app doesn't seem to work any more and I am trying the free Amazon one (free if you have Prime)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/woD2SIRvbyh59sLX4h4zTsPucmcdkKIvVIDvb92QmrB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/X0l54hePzKHvrPqEo0oX4pkveGRWrAGLqHBGmG3nt94

6 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Can someone click on one of the links and let me know if it's just that photo that can be viewed, or does it give access to all of them on my account

Just the individual photos mate.

Boat looks well tidy! 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Just the individual photos mate.

Boat looks well tidy! 👍🏻

Yeah, happy enough with the result, made a hell of a difference with the 4 of us

Meant I could delegate all day and I didn't get any anti foul on me yesterday (mainly because I decided to delegate again and clean my windows instead)

Used that Polytrol stuff again on the coloured parts, so easy and can't see any evidence of any damage etc from last years use

I think it was you that was told by a mate/aquaintance not to use it ?

9 hours ago, JonC said:

Do you think there was any benefit to tre polytrol? I know that it gave a quick easy shine but did it last? Did you put any wax over it or just the polytrol? 

It had definitely faded, though not too bad (should've took some pics) I can't remember if I waxed over it last year, I haven't this year so will see what it like in a few months

I think the benefit from Polytrol is the time and effort it eliminates, 4 of us could have cleaned, polished and antifouled all in one day ready to go back in the next (would have been a long day though)

As it was, I hand cut and buffed around the wheelhouse and deck area, Nipper mopped the white parts around the outside of the hull above the blue, Andy concentrated on the inside of the wheelhouse and Mike used the Polytrol on the blue after Nipper had finished 

All done by about 3 ish IIRC

If I had the anodes ready (which I didn't) we could have quite easily threw 2 coats of antifoul on her and had her back in the following day

Anodes being delivered tomorrow, which I'll fit Friday just before she goes back in

Then a few laps of the bay to get the oil up to temp, before that gets sucked out and changed along with all the filters ( 3 fuel, 1 oil)

Also have to look at the main bilge pump sensor, it isn't shutting the pump off 😬

35 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Also have to look at the main bilge pump sensor, it isn't shutting the pump off 😬

What sensor do you have? Float switch or auto-sensing? If the latter I'm not that impressed with them. The Rule auto-sensing pump I had on Apache used to run on after all the water had been removed, and the Whale SuperSub I used to have on Jersey Girl ran on whilst on her rack and drained the battery flat. Also popped a fuse on a separate occasion.

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What sensor do you have? Float switch or auto-sensing? If the latter I'm not that impressed with them. The Rule auto-sensing pump I had on Apache used to run on after all the water had been removed, and the Whale SuperSub I used to have on Jersey Girl ran on whilst on her rack and drained the battery flat. Also popped a fuse on a seperate occasion.

Some sort of auto sensor, I'll take it out and clean it, then try it in a small tub before fitting back under the prop shaft........

If it aint fooked