Fri 22nd Oct Bristol Channel

jonnyswamp

Good session 🙂 

I’ve heard you need to fish between the Monkstone bank and the middle bank. Fish it over low tide. 

Over high tide fish the inside of the Cardiff mid anchoring on edge of the bank as you do up on the English Welsh. My sources tell me that this is where some of the better cod are as they stocking up on prawn and Sandeel which are found in the banks 

15 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Good session 🙂 

I’ve heard you need to fish between the Monkstone bank and the middle bank. Fish it over low tide. 

Over high tide fish the inside of the Cardiff mid anchoring on edge of the bank as you do up on the English Welsh. My sources tell me that this is where some of the better cod are as they stocking up on prawn and Sandeel which are found in the banks 

That's where we were 2 hrs either side of low, albeit a lot nearer the middle bank, until the tide got too much

The tide would have been screaming between the banks and I didn't have any grippers bigger than 8oz, but will give your advice a go next time I get out on a smaller tide

That's not going to be anytime soon by the look at the forecast 

10 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

That's where we were 2 hrs either side of low, albeit a lot nearer the middle bank, until the tide got too much

The tide would have been screaming between the banks and I didn't have any grippers bigger than 8oz, but will give your advice a go next time I get out on a smaller tide

That's not going to be anytime soon by the look at the forecast 

Ah never mind! It’s a good spot but hopefully they’ll arrive in numbers soon 🙂