Overfalls and Fingers, 19th Nov

Andy135

Friday saw a near perfect weather forecast so I booked the day off and hit the water. Plan was to head 15 miles south to the overfalls to drift for bass on slow jigs, then find somewhere to sink a squid or two.

Headed out of the harbour to grey but calm conditions.

ivVibe5.jpeg

r7MYNwd.jpeg

And after a brief sprint... 😁

4cRmicJ.jpg

I arrived at the Overfalls and began the first drift...

...Many drifts later I gave it up for a blank 😭 and headed inshore to the Fingers, a mark that has produced some good conger and whiting for me in the past.

So down went the pick and down went the squid.

OCVfYgT.jpeg

A few rattles later and my favourite fish appeared. 💪

KD6hxP5.jpeg

A couple more followed before my time was up, so on pain of getting home late I dropped the hammer (again) on the way back in. 😁

OQ83vLl.jpeg

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Unlucky Andy, ...... BTW, dogs and snakes don't count 🤣

Good effort, and like you say, the sea was flat enough to be a hooligan ! 👍

A fish is a fish, even a dogfish! 😉

Yes, with a flat sea like that it would have been rude not to blow the cobwebs away 😁

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Well done for getting out there looked stunning ! Gotta go when the opportunity is given life’s to short for a day at work instead 

Exactly. Life's too short and the weather too nice to miss this time 👍

We were at the fingers on Friday afternoon (Predator 165 "High Hopes"), I saw a blue boat go past so think you might have anchored uptide of us.  We had a short burst of good whiting, straps, a blonde ray on a live bait and a few dogfish, one of which was also on a live bait

livebait.jpg

Edited by Sailfish

On 11/21/2021 at 5:22 PM, Sailfish said:

We were at the fingers on Friday afternoon (Predator 165 "High Hopes"), I saw a blue boat go past so think you might have anchored uptide of us.  We had a short burst of good whiting, straps, a blonde ray on a live bait and a few dogfish, one of which was also on a live bait

livebait.jpg

Hi @Sailfish, yes that was me. Blue hull, white superstructure. I nearly came over for a chat after I pulled the anchor but didn't want to disturb your mark.

You had some good fish - glad you had a better session than I did. Would love to read your report in full if you fancy posting one up? 👍

30 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Were there any charter boats out on the overfalls? They have been bagging up on bass the last few days

Saw a few boats but they were privateers, not charters. There was also one commercial, but not rod & lining. Didn't look like a potter or a netter either. 🤷‍♂️