Thursday 16th Teignmouth

thejollysinker

28 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

just love being a boat owner and having that freedom to just bugger off and have a good day out away from the everyday shit ☺️

This is what it's all about for me! 
Fish are a resulting bonus , no fish not really a problem. 
Thanks for sharing your day, a story of the lonely marina told in good detail! 👍🏻

4 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

What is this? The Whiting were full of them, like a super hard slug:

It looks like part of a starfish................

I guess you were able to load the ADM file Ok into your Garmin. If yes, then you should also get the 'notes' attached to each mark, especially the wrecks with size and orientation.

Edited by GPSguru

15 hours ago, GPSguru said:

It looks like part of a starfish................

I guess you were able to load the ADM file Ok into your Garmin. If yes, then you should also get the 'notes' attached to each mark, especially the wrecks with size and orientation.

you might be right there... new bait choice 🤣

Yes Ian, the files loaded ok thanks. I'll need to spend some time playing around with it now to find out all that sort of info. I must admit to not spending much time at all with it once I'd seen all the marks come up on the screen, was too keen to be fishing making the most of the daylight hours.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like  a great day out - i haven't anchored alone yet - still need to pluck up the courage to try one day!

I also was worried when i read your report that you hadn't put the bung back in your tender - you mention removing it - but not putting it back - and then leaving your mooring!

cracking Bass!

7 hours ago, mike farrants said:

sounds like  a great day out - i haven't anchored alone yet - still need to pluck up the courage to try one day!

I also was worried when i read your report that you hadn't put the bung back in your tender - you mention removing it - but not putting it back - and then leaving your mooring!

cracking Bass!

just do it... I just get mentally prepared with a small list of things that need to be remebered, boat hook to hand along with safety knife and off you go. It is pretty straightforward with the Alderney ring method but it's like anything, if you don't do it often....

About the bung... it did go back in. I'll have to be more careful with my editing in future 🤣

6 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

just do it... I just get mentally prepared with a small list of things that need to be remebered, boat hook to hand along with safety knife and off you go. It is pretty straightforward with the Alderney ring method but it's like anything, if you don't do it often....

About the bung... it did go back in. I'll have to be more careful with my editing in future 🤣

At our sailing club bungs are one of the most commonly stolen things also dingy launching trolly tires. Always a good story about meant to put them back.