slipways

PUBLICK SLIPWAYS ON THE WEST SIDE OF SOUTHAMPTON

Ashlet creek

you can only youse the slip for only 6 hours per tide, 2 hours before and 4 hours after high tide aprox.

There is a small free car park.

there is a pub retaurant nearby for refreshments.

The slipway is shingle and mud, a bit mushy at the bottom.

The road is narrow from the slipway to the village of FAWLEY .

Access to the Solent is nearby and if the weather is bad you can always fish Southampton water , the channel to Southampton water is well marked from the sailing club. Just keep close to the club when approaching it.

MARCHWOOD

I would not advice this one as car parking is in short supply and the the slipway is mud and shingle so you can get stuck.

The access is a track which is muddy and nuarrow , it has a stream in a ditch to one side, so it is possible to drop one wheal down into it.

T track is used by the sailing club and is access to the beach fishing which is a popular spot.

3 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

MARCHWOOD

I would not advice this one as car parking is in short supply and the the slipway is mud and shingle so you can get stuck.

The access is a track which is muddy and nuarrow , it has a stream in a ditch to one side, so it is possible to drop one wheal down into it.

T track is used by the sailing club and is access to the beach fishing which is a popular spot.

I take it this is the magazine lane slip Pete?

ELLING (totton)

Nice little concrete slipway, can be yoused most of the tide, there isw a car park the outher side of the tide mill, its not free but it is large.

there is a nice pub resaurant there by the slipway.

be carefull with the channel  on the way  out.

HYTHE VILLAGE MARINER

The slop is ok but watch out for the slipery weed, the slip is made of concrete and is wide, it can be yoused most of the tide but dose dry out for a little while.

Car parking and trailers is available at a coast, apparently there is fuel availlable at the marina.

33 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

MARCHWOOD

YLbE8GW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

lymington.

i would sergest that you go to there website info@lymingtonharbour.co.uk

Public Slipways & Landings

There are public landings at Town Quay and the Harbour Masters’ Pontoon adjacent to the Bath Road car park. The Town Quay landing is reserved for commercial users only.

There is a public slipway from the Bath Road car park; a charge is made for launching. Pay the harbour staff if present on the slipway or at the adjacent Harbour

Edited by captin slows old outlaw

• 1 month later...

pool park slipway

warning  this has a very shalow drop tp it , soutaboul for jet skies and shalow draft ( mine is aprox 1 .5 feet ) the beach eather side has alote of bike and concreat lumps, so when the tide gows down it could be a problem.

the slipway is made of concreat, and has a carpark (payment ) very klean, well cept,