Weird Line Lay

lezz

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

That looks like pretty beefy braid you're using there @lezz
What BS is it?

Looks like he has stolen a bricklayer’s string line🤣

@Saintly Fish didn’t you have a similar issue that was caused by lack of tension, I remember you let 300 yards out by mistake and it cured it when you retrieved it. 

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

Looks like he has stolen a bricklayer’s string line🤣

@Saintly Fish didn’t you have a similar issue that was caused by lack of tension, I remember you let 300 yards out by mistake and it cured it when you retrieved it. 

That was mono I let go on my uptide reel. But you're correct I did have the same problem on another reel, that one I purposely let the line out as opposed to a mistake on the mono. 

Looks like the charter special has a slower level wind to the other. What strength are you using ? like the others are saying, looks pretty beefy. What drag do the reels put out at max.

Edited by JDP

23 hours ago, JDP said:

Looks like the charter special has a slower level wind to the other. What strength are you using ? like the others are saying, looks pretty beefy. What drag do the reels put out at max.

The charter special from new has about 30lb of not very smooth drag that gets hot pretty quickly, however if you change the drag washer to Carbontex and use Cal's drag grease, you can get about 35lb of silky smooth drag.