Needles

Josh

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Quality fishing Josh, as usual! Well done 👍

Today's challenge for the technical admin is to write a script that ensure photos are correctly orientated when posting from an Iphone .............it must be something about the way apple pictures are formatted because I have had the same thing happen when transferring for iphone 11pro max to a PC ............

2 hours ago, Josh said:

First trip out the mouth of the west side

after the last trip being improvised becuase of a bung plug situation.

newly done we headed out this Sunday out the needles

a First for me and a little nervy. was grateful to have a quicksilver  gunning its way behind then past me to steam through which gave me added confidence as the swell was quite up going through there. Which I did fail to account for with the previous days wind. 

anyway once we were through we anchored up knowing there wasn’t much tide left before slack then instantly into congers and then when we finally went slack we upped anchor and moved a little further west for the flood and continued with congers all day great sport best going 34lb. Live pouting or flappers as the ground was littered with them.

All in all a great day out came in the Solent to try for a cod for the last hour but not to be ! Always next time.

88A8076F-17E6-4BE5-ABF5-8C69C802E8FD.jpeg

C4F78E08-B922-43AF-8BBF-CDB5ACD975D5.jpeg

3FCADA90-AB06-40F5-8123-FB2A5F1945BE.jpeg

097FCCB1-E95B-47E5-886E-0DB5D5204DA2.jpeg

Well done Josh, some decent fish there , but congers are not fish .............. they are the spawn of satin !

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Today's challenge for the technical admin is to write a script that ensure photos are correctly orientated when posting from an Iphone .............it must be something about the way apple pictures are formatted because I have had the same thing happen when transferring for iphone 11pro max to a PC ............

I have this issue as well. The way I get round it is to very slightly edit the photo before uploading it to the site. Just click edit , then bring the side of the photo or the top in by a mm. Click done then it will be fine . 

9 hours ago, GPSguru said:

As Neil has already said, the quick fix is for the user to edit slightly before posting. I don't know why this seems to happen for some iPhone users or what Apple have done to their photo orientation settings on the 11.

Outlaws is on a cloud-based "forum-as-a-service" platform so we have no access to Invision's servers for a script to run on, meaning a solution would instead have to involve a change request to Invision to implement across all their cloud-based fora. No telling how long this may take, or even if it would get implemented at all. I'll ask them if they have a fix in their backlog already but I'm not holding my breath... 😖