What weight?

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

2kg Bruce 👍

You can get 1.5kg, but not so common.

still go with a metre or two of 6mm chain to make sure the Bruce digs in el pronto.

I don't want a bruce. They too bulky for sitting in a tender. I'm going for a folding anchor. It's only for the Hamble river. 

I have a .75kg folder and have used it on a river and at sea, both with light flow, but they are used by jetskiers too apparently...

https://www.google.com/search?q=0.75+kg+folding+anchor&oq=0.75+kg+folding+anc&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i160l2.21966j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

16 minutes ago, Malc said:

I have a .75kg folder and have used it on a river and at sea, both with light flow, but they are used by jetskiers too apparently...

https://www.google.com/search?q=0.75+kg+folding+anchor&oq=0.75+kg+folding+anc&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i160l2.21966j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

What ground do you use it on?

We've used several anchors with our rhibs, while there are numerous that will hold the boats very well, its only Cooper anchors which I would truly recommend. Obviously these anchors being fibreglass and plastic are made so they don't have sharp edges. They hold almost instantly even when we are anchoring around shallow reefs in very rough windy conditions. We use the black 1.5kg anchor for our 5m Zodiac, so you would most likely get away with bellow 1kg. I was first introduced to using these by a Navy bomb diver who rated them highly. There are some interesting video's online showing the effectiveness of these if you google search, also this video helps with sizing and rode lengths etc.

Just to add, when we anchor our boats, we often leave them unattended while we spear or dive for lobsters, often swimming far from the boat and out of site from it. 

As for grapple anchors, those are junk in my opinion.

Edited by JDP

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I think the point is being missed here that Neal wants a folding anchor so that it can be stowed neatly when not in use. 

Absolutely this! John is write, it's only for a 2.6m tender so not a lot of room left when 2 people are in it. 

3 minutes ago, JDP said:

While you can certainly buy a folding anchor, if its wanting to hold at anchor in any wind, tide or chop, forget the folding ones. But hey its your money!!!!

I'm not going out in wind and chop in a small dingy though am I. It's only for the Hamble river not the Pacific Ocean!

4 hours ago, JonC said:

I think the point is being missed here that Neal wants a folding anchor so that it can be stowed neatly when not in use. 

Yes the folding grapples fold up and only slightly bigger than the orange Cooper anchor which actually hold bottom. The plastic ones are made for inflatable boats hence why I posted it but feel free to remove it as its obviously not suitable.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm not going out in wind and chop in a small dingy though am I. It's only for the Hamble river not the Pacific Ocean!

Apologies, Im used to rivers having tidal movement and sometimes wind. Sounds like you don't even need an anchor on that waterway. Hopefully Jon will remove my post.

@Andy135 how does one go about removing posts about anchors designed for ocean liners? It’s getting a bit heated in here because @JDP posted some stuff up and @Saintly Fish isn’t actually overly concerned about the safety of the person who is dragging their poorly designed but more convenient anchor down Southampton water. 
I’ve done what I can here to try to help everyone but now I’m being made out to be the bad guy. 🤷🏻