Chest waders?

JonC

You'll know this anyway, Neoprene obviously offers warmth which is a nice addition during the colder months.. if its something she'll jump in and out of on the boat, Vass is a good shout, the more expensive ones though otherwise the boots are shit and she'll feel everything. 

Last year I got a few months out of the newish snowbee boot foot waders, other than Neoprene the snowbee waders were the most comfortable to wear as were breathable, I'll grab a link. 

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p135963-snowbee-ranger2-breathable-bootfoot-chest-waders-11182-01/ down in price too and you won't beat uttings for customer service, never an issue returns and replacements.

Bearing in mind the miles I put on whilst luring, I haven't found a set of waders that have last a year, I returned the waders in the link and received the more expensive visions as replacement without charging extra.

I should have said these will be used on concrete and compacted shingle and not on the boat so a fairly sturdy sole is needed. When we pull up the beach in neoprene sailing boots the stones can be painful 

9 minutes ago, JonC said:

I should have said these will be used on concrete and compacted shingle and not on the boat so a fairly sturdy sole is needed. When we pull up the beach in neoprene sailing boots the stones can be painful 

My Soniks have metal studded soles. Very sturdy. 

28 minutes ago, JonC said:

I was just looking on decathlons website, they do te ones @Tadpole suggested but the fkers don’t take paper money ☹️

These ones!? https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mp/snowbee/snowbee-ranger-breathable-cleated-chest-wader/_/R-p-5dbf91c0-5da0-4282-adc8-44b1a08ab390?mc=5dbf91c0-5da0-4282-adc8-44b1a08ab390_c251&c=GREY very close to 200 notes!!!! Robbing... anyhow, yeah, those jobbers will see your lady right, cracking boot and not cumbersome like the horrible Vass waders, so uncomfortable.  Worth mentioning I always put insoles in as well. 

9 hours ago, JonC said:

I was just looking on decathlons website, they do te ones @Tadpole suggested but the fkers don’t take paper money ☹️

It's annoying isn't it. I'm having to have useless unnecessary manual work done just to unload my stash. 

15 hours ago, JonC said:

No. Not for me before you all start sniggering. 
What’s the best ones? 
My mrs needs some for launching, so they need to be reasonably robust.

Vass.

I use waders for launch / recovery and over the years Vass have proven to be the most durable. A lot of commercial use Vass.

Not particularly expensive, less than £100.

Its not like you are standing fishing in them for hours, so durability is the main requirement. I only wear mine to launch, and then take them off once on the boat. The I put them back on to recover the boat when I come back in. 

Most of the neoprene / lightweight waders tend to split at the seams after a small amount of use, however they are comfortable to wear for long periods.

Edited by GPSguru

I went with the vass 650’s, heavy duty ones. Angling direct at Chelmsford had them on the shelf and I could pay with paper money.

She’s going to be so excited when I get home, who said romance is dead?