Used fish finders

I’m looking at getting something a bit better than my old garmin gps map to look at the seabed and haven’t got a big budget.

Been looking on FB marketplace and seeing what looks like some good buys.

This took my fancy and wondered what others might think about going down the used route?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1198352904063138/

Is it worth a gamble? (Please say yes then I can justify it to the missus 👍😬)

5 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

I’m looking at getting something a bit better than my old garmin gps map to look at the seabed and haven’t got a big budget.

This took my fancy and wondered what others might think about going down the used route?

No it's not. PM me I have a better idea!  

1 hour ago, thejollysinker said:

No, contact the saint 😉

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Why, were you not sure what you were doing ?

Easy, Red to negative, and Black to live, then stick the earth up your butt, and you are good to go...............

I had a contract with the supplier to install my plotter that was never honoured. 

Yes repairing new sounders isn't done normally. I shattered my Garmin 8410 just a few weeks after installing from hitting waves on my local bar crossing, ended being a throw away item. Garmin shouldn't make glass screens for boats if they can't handle boating use.

Second hand gear is pretty much worthless here. I offered my lowrance hds 12 gen $300 (150 quid) with transducers and nmea kit and didn't get a single enquiry so gave it to a friend, same with the simrad evo 3 I took out of my little centre console. I suppose it comes down to a smaller market gets a higher price in the UK.