Rod storage

Just wondering how you store yours?

Reason behind it is seeing some boats in the marina with rods in holders all rigged and ready to go or shoved in the wheelhouse. I know that there are anglers and there are anglers but it can't do them any good being left out in all weather. 

Also I have just bought a padded rod bag as my rods have picked up a couple of broken rings over the past few years so I'm just being nosey.

When I had boats I would take my rods home after each trip. Partly for security and partly because if I was invited out on other boats I had easy access to my rods if they were at home. Bearing in mind that I live 90 mins from the coast and therefore from my boats, it would be a ballache to need to travel 90 mins to collect my gear then travel elsewhere for a guest trip.

I

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Mine are stored in the secure fishing shed.

When I get home with the boat, the rods are first to come off the boat and all are hosed down with a fine spray nozzle.

Once dry, the reel covers are put on, ready for storage.

i do the same 

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Mine are stored in the secure fishing shed.

When I get home with the boat, the rods are first to come off the boat and all are hosed down with a fine spray nozzle.

Once dry, the reel covers are put on, ready for storage.

Similar. 

I wonder why people don't take a bit more care of their equipment? Throwaway society? 

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I keep mine together then lay them out in the wheel house when not on the boat. When we are on the boat they all go in the roof mounted holders and in the gunwale mounted ones too. 

like this...IMG_2539.jpeg.155228a44a17b3140f1acd57513c3eb9.jpeg

and this....

IMG_2900.jpeg.41d80464299061c5eae77c9b29382304.jpeg

Is it still easy enough to put them up too now you have the canopy fitted? 

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

Is it still easy enough to put them up too now you have the canopy fitted? 

The canopy only goes up when required. It's not a permanent fixture as they are a bit of a ball ache to fit. 

On 5/5/2023 at 1:50 PM, Saintly Fish said:

I keep mine together then lay them out in the wheel house when not on the boat. When we are on the boat they all go in the roof mounted holders and in the gunwale mounted ones too. 

like this...IMG_2539.jpeg.155228a44a17b3140f1acd57513c3eb9.jpeg

and this....

IMG_2900.jpeg.41d80464299061c5eae77c9b29382304.jpeg

I’m the same. Rods get stored inside once they’ve had a wash. They sit on top of seats so can air dry, then get racked on the roof going out. Far less salt spray up there than on deck so that’s where everyone else’s rods go…. Deck mounted rod holders 🙄