Multipliers.

25 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

plus whilst holding my rod in my left hand it leaves my right hand free for scotch eggs, pouring the coffee, texting, checking the footie scores, moving the boat, havign a wazz over the side etc etc 

Wow you're more of a man than your vest top lets on!! 

On the bigger game outfits with Tiagra'a and Talica's I use the rod in my left hand a reel with the right, though the reel handle is also used to assist the lift of the rod when a fish is on.

On spin outfits of all sizes I use the reel handle on the left, as being right handed assists by having the rod in my right hand for more accurate casting at fish etc. Also being right handed greatly helps with jig action if I have the rod in my right hand. This is the case for heavy jigs down to extremely light soft plastics, Im simply able to create a better action with my dominant arm. 

So with light outfits for any kind of action to make the lures work well I use both spin reels and multi's with left handed handles. Casting a multi from the shore I will use a right handed reel. 

Makes perfect sense really 😁