Multipliers.

6 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Because we are ‘normal’ folk, you are very ‘special’ 🤣

No, you're weird. If you can reel left handed with a FS, why not a multi? Being right handed means naturally my right arm is strongest, so why use the weaker arm to hold the rod?? Cranking is the east bit! 

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I am left handed, but definitely you hold rod in left and crank with right, unless it is a coffee grinder, then hold rod in right and crank with left.

TBH, I don't much like FS reels for general boat fishing, but ok for spinning.

Man, I’m right handed and do exactly that with both…. I’d have thought lefties would be opposite 😅

got to be whatever feels comfortable for the user 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I am left handed, but definitely you hold rod in left and crank with right, unless it is a coffee grinder, then hold rod in right and crank with left.

TBH, I don't much like FS reels for general boat fishing, but ok for spinning.

Im with @GPSguru here…. Can’t do LH multis, Em is a leftie, has a LH multis but can also cope with a right…. 

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

At last, a voice of reason appears! 

Yet another retard joins the party. 
@JonC is not gonna be impressed that 2/3 of the SLT are complete retards 🙄🤷‍♂️

Rod in left, crank with right, nothing could be simpler, have clarity in your thoughts 😇👍

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yet another retard joins the party. 
@JonC is not gonna be impressed that 2/3 of the SLT are complete retards 🙄🤷‍♂️

Rod in left, crank with right, nothing could be simpler, have clarity in your thoughts 😇👍

The huge upside is that it allows us to qualify for tax relief as a registered charity. 

3 hours ago, Herbs73 said:

I’m right handed and have the rod in my left and crank with the right with a multi and do the opposite with a fixed spool. This is definitely the way. 

We had such high hopes for you, but you've thrown your lot in with the wrong'uns. 🤣

On 5/24/2023 at 7:15 PM, Spicefish said:

I suppose it’s coming over from fresh water to salt 

I think it's probably something to do with materials not being that good, that you were in real danger of pinging the eyes off the rod, so the answer was to use the rod upside down in years gone by, which then meant you had to learn to use a multi the other way round....

I have seen a beachcaster have multiple rings pinged off.....

On 5/20/2023 at 7:46 PM, GPSguru said:

You could probably get a blue badge for using a rod and reel in that configuration 🙄

I have got a Blue Badge and have to use RH reels because my right arm isn’t strong enough to hold the rod. Not sure if that’s helping but that’s how I roll,,, or should that be reel? 😉

i'm confused - all these wierdos saying you need your strong or more dextrous arm on the rod??? - it literally does nothing - i use my right arm to crank the reel, but also to feather the spool, tighten the drag, drop the weight slowly down tide, etc etc 

the hand that holds the rod does nothing - - put your back into it ffs

i bet these people are also the ones that have the rod butt tucked in their armpit and their chin resting on the spool.... you know the ones. 

even on a FS i put the handle on the right.