Superb results using sliders off the beach

alan stevens

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Got to love it when a plan comes together 👍

I particularly admire the fact that you set out to target dogfish with the sliders! A man after my own heart 🤣👍

#dogfishloversunite!

As I remember it, you normally DONT set out to catch them. It’s normally a cry of joy when you catch one to save a blank again. 

#justclearingthisupsotosaveconfusionofothers

1 minute ago, alan stevens said:

You will laugh but I do actually set out to catch dogfish. I love eating them. Sad I know....

So what's the trick to eating them? I tried them once and found them a bit mushy.

6 hours ago, JonC said:

Proper rock eel was spurs, but they just serve any small shark species now, dogs, smoothies anything. 

Yes Jon, I have heard it called rock eel, but as you said any of the dogs were included, but rock Salmon was the term most ued in the Southend area in the 50's and 60's. Geoff.

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yes Jon, I have heard it called rock eel, but as you said any of the dogs were included, but rock Salmon was the term most ued in the Southend area in the 50's and 60's. Geoff.

I’ve always thought they were the same thing. I’ll have a look next time I’m in a chippy. 
I know a lot of them sell haddock in place of cod.