Herne Bay whiting-and 2 surprises

moonlighter

Thanks for the great report John. Sounds like a good day at sea to me. Who cares if the cod didn’t show up? A nice fat dab and a wink from a seal could put most days to shame. All followed up by a stew! Hope there were dumplings?👍🏻

Cracking write-up! Well done. Sounds like a great session, seal notwithstanding! Did you keep any of the whiting? The better sized ones make good eating.

Quiche eh? Careful or you'll give @Saintly Fishideas for when he's on my boat next - he'll be expecting full silver service before we know it! 🤣

There seems to be loads of seals in the Thames are, always see a couple when I’m out but I don’t mind them, even if they do ruin the fishing. 
I'd like to take a run out for the spurs, I’ve been told I need to clear the sands to find them. 

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Cracking write-up! Well done. Sounds like a great session, seal notwithstanding! Did you keep any of the whiting? The better sized ones make good eating.

Quiche eh? Careful or you'll give @Saintly Fishideas for when he's on my boat next - he'll be expecting full silver service before we know it! 🤣

Do you have a fondu grill ? 

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks for the great report John. Sounds like a good day at sea to me. Who cares if the cod didn’t show up? A nice fat dab and a wink from a seal could put most days to shame. All followed up by a stew! Hope there were dumplings?👍🏻

Always dumplings unless there's a suet crust topping!

14 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Yes I kept 6 of the larger ones and 5 that didn't looklike they'd survive the unhooking process.

All filleted off, panko breadcrumbed and fried in olive oil. Delicious.