Quick lure session

Andy135

37 minutes ago, Hoop said:

Silly dog 'appy to see her old man? 

Yeah, she went nuts 🤣.

Mother said she'd snagged three steaks off the kitchen worktop the night before 🤦‍♂️ and that I should look out in case she has a runny tummy. I mean the dog, not the mother 🤣

2 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

Looks like a nice place to chuck a few lures. 
Do you ever bottom fish with baits on it over low or is it too snaggy?

Nice Wrasse for your efforts 👌

Never bait fished it but I really should. There are a series of sandy reefs not far out that I suspect will hold flatfish - I've snorkelled that mark and seen small plaice close in to the rocks. I know some good turbot have been taken from boats in the bay in years gone by, and it's not far from the Skerries either. A ball weight with a sandeel bait left to trundle about in the tide would be a killer method I reckon.

When I get a chance to take my bait gear down I'll drop you a line if you fancy a sesh?

On 8/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, Andy135 said:

Yeah, she went nuts 🤣.

Mother said she'd snagged three steaks off the kitchen worktop the night before 🤦‍♂️ and that I should look out in case she has a runny tummy. I mean the dog, not the mother 🤣

Sometimes, it's hard to be mad when the task undertaken was nothing short of exceptional.. 😇

16 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Never bait fished it but I really should. There are a series of sandy reefs not far out that I suspect will hold flatfish - I've snorkelled that mark and seen small plaice close in to the rocks. I know some good turbot have been taken from boats in the bay in years gone by, and it's not far from the Skerries either. A ball weight with a sandeel bait left to trundle about in the tide would be a killer method I reckon.

When I get a chance to take my bait gear down I'll drop you a line if you fancy a sesh?

I’m gonna hazard a guess that’s around the Bantham area? Or, round the corner from Mill Bay off the entrance to Kingsbridge estuary 🤔

Probably neither 🤣🤣🤣

I’d be up for a sesh if you were ever going to do that, sounds good to me 👍😊

4 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

I’m gonna hazard a guess that’s around the Bantham area? Or, round the corner from Mill Bay off the entrance to Kingsbridge estuary 🤔

Probably neither 🤣🤣🤣

I’d be up for a sesh if you were ever going to do that, sounds good to me 👍😊

Wrong on both counts 🤣. It's a tiny spot that I found on Google Earth years ago.

Will let you know when I'm planning a bait session there 👍

18 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Wrong on both counts 🤣. It's a tiny spot that I found on Google Earth years ago.

Will let you know when I'm planning a bait session there 👍

It was only a wild stab in the dark 🤣

Fairplay for the find though 👌

I hope there’s no ropes involved for access 🤞😅

2 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

It was only a wild stab in the dark 🤣

Fairplay for the find though 👌

I hope there’s no ropes involved for access 🤞😅

If there were any ropes then it would be his manservant that did all the work, he would just be lowered down in his Sudan chair.