One for jonnyswamp

Saintly Fish

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Gas Valve 👍

Nope...... anybody can google the fault codes Ian. But experience (which the guy on this video obviously doesn’t have) is key to this fault. Because the 0.01% fault  where it’s not the gas valve is the real question here. 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

So you said. 

Dont you put words into my mouth you cheeky fucker! 🖕🤣

I was thinking more along the lines of which actress would play the female lead, but I can see you're bored today "working from home" so I expect we'll get another snarky answer from you 😜

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Nope...... anybody can google the fault codes Ian. But experience (which the guy on this video obviously doesn’t have) is key to this fault. Because the 0.01% fault  where it’s not the gas valve is the real question here. 

My daughter had the same fault codes on her Vaillant boiler and that definitely was the gas valve which was replaced by BG ................ judging by the amount of faults she has had, it strikes me that Vaillant seem to suffer from some major reliability issues ?

Gas valves ain't what they used to be ................ I have just had to change a German Mertik Maxitrol on my flush mount gas fire as the pilot became intermittent and the motor got very noisy ...............

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

My daughter had the same fault codes on her Vaillant boiler and that definitely was the gas valve

Yes 99.99% of the time if you have those 3 fault codes. The trouble is other elements can give the same codes and it’s not the gas valve. And it’s not the pcb. This is where I’m just testing @jonnyswamp and his fault finding skills. 
There is no big climax to this thread, it’s more just highlighting that norm is not always the norm. 

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes 99.99% of the time if you have those 3 fault codes. The trouble is other elements can give the same codes and it’s not the gas valve. And it’s not the pcb. This is where I’m just testing @jonnyswamp and his fault finding skills. 
There is no big climax to this thread, it’s more just highlighting that norm is not always the norm. 

It will be interesting to know what the fault was when you get to the bottom of it 👍

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

It will be interesting to know what the fault was when you get to the bottom of it 👍

I bet you never thought you'd find yourself typing that... I mean, boiler faults? Interesting? Really?? 🤣

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I bet you never thought you'd find yourself typing that... I mean, boiler faults? Interesting? Really?? 🤣

Having spent many years as the lead system engineer responsible for Public Safety systems (Police, Ambo, etc) I still to this day find the resolution of subtle system faults quite interesting .......... some engineers are sad feckers 🤣🤣🤣