Batteries

26 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Is it generally considered a modern 60hp 4 stroke outputs enough amps to recharge two battery’s at once? 

Which outboard is it?

Any alternator can charge multiple batteries simultaneously, just how long it takes......

Edited by suzook12

23 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Is it generally considered a modern 60hp 4 stroke outputs enough amps to recharge two battery’s at once? 

Yes and no .......... depends on your engine run time , a Merc 60 only outputs 18A max ...............when I had a Merc 60 EFI on my last boat with a single battery, I used to 'smart charge' the battery about 4 times per year ................

i have a switch on my batery live, so the out board can be iserlated. the outher batery is seperate to the outher batery.

i am going to get a batery maintainer for bouth baters. so the baters are fit for the job. so i come back and put the boat on the drive and conect them up. job done

2 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i have a switch on my batery live, so the out board can be iserlated. the outher batery is seperate to the outher batery.

i am going to get a batery maintainer for bouth baters. so the baters are fit for the job. so i come back and put the boat on the drive and conect them up. job done

Anderson plugs are ideal for that Pete, gives you the option to boost as well without going near the batteries