Wrecking- East Coast

Jed Stone

We attempted to anchor a local wreck about a month ago but didn't bother in the end due to the swell. My plan was to keep it simple and use a basic running ledger - less tackle to lose in the wreck or amongst the debris.

I also planned to use a chum tube to get a load of scent into the wreck to draw the fish out. Might be worth considering?

52 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

We attempted to anchor a local wreck about a month ago but didn't bother in the end due to the swell. My plan was to keep it simple and use a basic running ledger - less tackle to lose in the wreck or amongst the debris.

I also planned to use a chum tube to get a load of scent into the wreck to draw the fish out. Might be worth considering?

Was it the Camberwell? 

9 hours ago, Jed Stone said:

Not many people anchor wrecks up this neck of the woods, i am gonna be different, used to do it all the time when crewed a boat out of Cornwall. what rigs have you found best ?

any other ideas to help get back in the swing ?

I use a simple running ledger for most of the fishing, but tend to use a portland if putting down a livebait ..........

I generally only anchor wrecks in the summer for Bream & JD's ............. anchoring at any other time only encourages the spawn of satin (Congers) and I can well do without those slimy nasty gits ...............

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I use a simple running ledger for most of the fishing, but tend to use a portland if putting down a livebait ..........

I generally only anchor wrecks in the summer for Bream & JD's ............. anchoring at any other time only encourages the spawn of satin (Congers) and I can well do without those slimy nasty gits ...............

Not heard of conger coming out from this part of the world, not saying they haven't, but there certainly don't seem many around

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Not heard of conger coming out from this part of the world, not saying they haven't, but there certainly don't seem many around

One of the wrecks I fish still holds the British Conger boat record of 133lb ....................... I had one of 92lb a few years ago from a rough ground mark .........

I have to say .......... not my favourite fish in the world !

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I love fighting a decent conger, they give a proper fight. Especially with being able to swim backwards. I’d like to catch a 50+ er

I’ve got a small moray in my fish tank, when you look how cagy they are, seldom leaving the safety of the rock work you can see how a big one could be a proper nuisance. 

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve got a small moray in my fish tank, when you look how cagy they are, seldom leaving the safety of the rock work you can see how a big one could be a proper nuisance. 

I’d love a fish tank with a moray. They look awesome . Is yours green?

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’d love a fish tank with a moray. They look awesome . Is yours green?

No, snowflake. I did have a small green one but it was very shy, only saw it’s head at night #pointless. 

Just now, JonC said:

No, snowflake. I did have a small green one but it was very shy, only saw it’s head at night #pointless. 

Most morays in aquariums are pebble tooth, so not too bad when they bite, which they sometimes do when feeding them .