Rod Holders

8 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

I was looking to fit some individual rod holders to the rails - what do you guys recommend? Thanks, Ivan 

Everyone raves over Scotty rod holders, never used one myself but they are said to be the best rail mount one’s going 

On 1/19/2021 at 9:30 PM, Andy135 said:

I have the same as these, recently added another 2 to my tub

Not the same name as the above link, but identical (these are probably all Chinese copies) and £50 for 2 delivered

Have seen them around £20 each, but unsure of quality

Mine seem strong enough and grip the rail well, but time will tell on the quality of the stainless I spose

Stainless Steel Fishing Rod Holder Boat Tackle Clamp On Rail Mount | eBay

Edited by jonnyswamp
Link added

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Looks good Ivan. DIY effort?

No - as part of the fishing kit there’s a stainless steel bar to pull a bait net over - it drops into 2 holes on the rails. Had no intention of using it but the Railblaza bait table and two rod holders later it looks a proper designed portable bit of kit

• 2 months later...

Noticed these worn fittings - look like poor mans Railblaza sockets - Emailed Railblaza they say nono you poor fool we don’t know it they is but if you measure we will sell you sumfing the same size ish so you don’t make more holes. 

https://imgur.com/a/30QXRou

Does that link work? Trying to make the world a better place 

why would have rod holders so far back on the boat - anyone familiar with worn out holes care to comment? 

Edit: the surface mount fitting in the pictures is next to the high end 1” 1/2 rod holders  

Edited by Captain Sensible

24 minutes ago, Captain Sensible said:

Noticed these worn fittings - look like poor mans Railblaza sockets - Emailed Railblaza they say nono you poor fool we don’t know it they is but if you measure we will sell you sumfing the same size ish so you don’t make more holes. 

https://imgur.com/a/30QXRou

Does that link work? Trying to make the world a better place 

why would have rod holders so far back on the boat - anyone familiar with worn out holes care to comment? 

Edit: the surface mount fitting in the pictures is next to the high end 1” 1/2 rod holders  

The link works! 👍🏻

Link works but if you tap & hold on the images in Imgur in your phone, then select the option to Copy the image, you can then paste the link into your post and it'll embed the images themselves, rather than showing the link.

Or from a computer, right click the image and select Copy Link Address, then paste the link into your post and the image will appear instead of the link.