Who'd be a whiting...

Plaicehunter

...with hungry Tamar conger around? This one around 1.5lb was nailed by a big eel before I could retrieve it. Unfortunately it attacked the end without the hooks! One huge wrench and it let go. I did land two straps and a conger of around 10lb, plus loads of whiting, mostly returned. A fun day with lots of action. PH

IMG_20210205_160412.jpg

IMG_20210205_120744.jpg

Who'd be a whiting indeed! Bet it felt like a whopper until he parted ways with himself!

Glad that you got out though - top fishing and as always, thanks for sharing PH 👍

What do you have in mind for the whiting you kept? Are they for the pot or the bait freezer?

30 minutes ago, Plaicehunter said:

Hi, Andy! The whiting I kept will go down the throat of my ever-hungry fox terrier. I don't eat fish and my wife likes cod, plaice and gilts! PH

Another dog owner! We have a thread somewhere for doggo pics. Let me dig it out...

24 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Happy B day holly - nothing fishy about you, but I can see why Andy loves you as well as his other doggies. Geoff.:classic_wink:

Thanks Geoff but the pic is actually Daisy, @Odyssey's pup! For some reason the link shows his dog pic and my post text 🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Thanks Geoff but the pic is actually Daisy, @Odyssey's pup! For some reason the link shows his dog pic and my post text 🤷‍♂️

Coz Daisy is best dog in the world 😍