Zipwake interceptors & Active Roll Control

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Go on then. Please share your feedback with the class.

Well it was a couple of years ago at the SBS. The boat was a 35ft power boat with twin 250’s on the back. The blades acted and corrected the boat within what seemed like milliseconds. 
TBH it was chucking down and the rain was hurting my face as the boat was going so fast, but the response to the helm was definitely noticeable. We had a run with and a run without the blades working. The boat got up on the plane around 2-3 seconds quicker and sat noticeably more stable than without the system turned on. It was all done by the gyroscopic self levelling system. Which from memory has 2 (maybe 3) memory settings which can manually be programmed for differing conditions of weight and speed. Also can quickly be overridden at the push of a button. 

Certainly sounds like they do what they say they can do then.

Must admit I'm very seriously considering a 300S interceptor kit... Force 4 have them in stock and if I went with these I'd offset the expense against the replacement Lenco ram and switch panel that I need to buy anyway 🤔🤔

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

Must admit I'm very seriously considering a 300S interceptor kit... Force 4 have them in stock and if I went with these I'd offset the expense against the replacement Lenco ram and switch panel that I need to buy anyway 🤔🤔

Be interested to see how you get on with them if you do fit them, they are on my wish list

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Why not go straight to the dealer for a quote? Force will most probably mark up a bit. 

22 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why not go straight to the dealer for a quote? Force will most probably mark up a bit. 

That dealer you messaged me is at least 20% above what Force4 are asking. His quoted prices are more ex VAT than Force 4 are asking inc VAT.

25 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Think the 300 would be too small for you, have a look at the attachment

zipwake-quick-sizing-series-s(1).pdf 184.81 kB · 2 downloads

That's a helpful guide Scott. Thanks.

I made my sizing judgement based on what other boats of a similar size and power output were using on the References section of their site. My boat is 26ft. Boats of 26-28ft with more power and in some cases more weight are using 300mm sized interceptors, but I'd be open minded to go bigger. I quite like the look of a pair of their chine interceptors coupled with a pair of straight ones. 🤔

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

That's a helpful guide Scott. Thanks.

I made my sizing judgement based on what other boats of a similar size and power output were using on the References section of their site. My boat is 26ft. Boats of 26-28ft with more power and in some cases more weight are using 300mm sized interceptors, but I'd be open minded to go bigger. I quite like the look of a pair of their chine interceptors coupled with a pair of straight ones. 🤔

I thought 300s would be fine for me but going by that calculator to get a "good" effect I'd probably need 2x 600 interceptors and a pair of 300s.  

41 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That dealer you messaged me is at least 20% above what Force4 are asking. His quoted prices are more ex VAT than Force 4 are asking inc VAT.

You emailed him already? Because when I contacted him direct he was the cheapest. 

49 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You emailed him already? Because when I contacted him direct he was the cheapest. 

No, I just looked at his published prices on his website and compared them with Force4's. Unlikely he'd drop 20% over an email or phone call.