Xtreme E

Saintly Fish

Anybody interested in motorsport but fed up with formula 1? 
Ive just set an ITV4 series link for Xtreme E rally cross. 
Basically electric rally cross cars touring the continents and racing off road. All cars are charged by hydrogen cells, so it’s all fast furious motor sport with conservation and climate change in the forefront. Seems like a great idea to me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 7:22 AM, Saintly Fish said:

Anybody interested in motorsport but fed up with formula 1? 
Ive just set an ITV4 series link for Xtreme E rally cross. 
Basically electric rally cross cars touring the continents and racing off road. All cars are charged by hydrogen cells, so it’s all fast furious motor sport with conservation and climate change in the forefront. Seems like a great idea to me!

It was a bit disappointing wasn't it mate, I cant imagine the carbon footprint of hauling all that kit around the world 😅

Nice to see Carlos Sainz driving though

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

You have a point there Andy. Carbon savings of the electric vehicles isn't likely to offset the total carbon footprint of the whole paddock...

Ah but did you see the intro to the programme which explains about what they do. They all (the whole paddock) travel to their destinations on one ship which is also a research vessel. They really are doing it as carbon neutral as possible. Which is a hell of a lot less than the F1 teams. 

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ah but did you see the intro to the programme which explains about what they do. They all (the whole paddock) travel to their destinations on one ship which is also a research vessel. They really are doing it as carbon neutral as possible. Which is a hell of a lot less than the F1 teams. 

I think all motorsport should be banned on environmental grounds. Most of all motorcycles, horrible noisy things ridden by middle age blokes dressed up like power rangers 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

I think all motorsport should be banned on environmental grounds. Most of all motorcycles, horrible noisy things ridden by middle age blokes dressed up like power rangers 

I see you're still pissed after being told that there were no leathers in your size and suggesting you should skin a fresian and put a zip along it's belly then 🤣

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes mate, in fairness I did watch that bit but still can't help think that it's a bit of a publicity stunt, I mean if lewis really cared for the environment he would have got rid of the private jet and 4mpg cars 😅.

I'm all for carbon neutral even as an avid F1 fan, but my god that first race in the desert was boring 😴

3 cars does not make a race in my opinion..

Having said that, the f1 at the weekend was quite good for a change

Edited by andyO

45 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I see you're still pissed after being told that there were no leathers in your size and suggesting you should skin a fresian and put a zip along it's belly then 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐄

32 minutes ago, andyO said:

Yes mate, in fairness I did watch that bit but still can't help think that it's a bit of a publicity stunt, I mean if lewis really cared for the environment he would have got rid of the private jet and 4mpg cars 😅.

I'm all for carbon neutral even as an avid F1 fan, but my god that first race in the desert was boring 😴

3 cars does not make a race in my opinion..

Having said that, the f1 at the weekend was quite good for a change

Well yes, but it’s a start. And I think they really have good intentions. I agree that the desert is probably not the best place to hold a close race especially with all the dust. I will keep watching and as a fledgling sport I hope it improves.