I’ve heard of this, but.....

22 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Yes, have heard of this before, and tried it, cant say whether results were any better or not. Used on lug baits in this area.... Haven't used it for years

Yes, it’s hard to tell I suppose whether your adding an advantage OR you would have had the same results without. 

43 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, it’s hard to tell I suppose whether your adding an advantage OR you would have had the same results without. 

Yeah, it wasn't a distinct fish a chuck compared to blanking. If there was a difference it was very subtle. Same as the video, as both were doing it, hard to tell if it made a difference

6 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Yeah, it wasn't a distinct fish a chuck compared to blanking. If there was a difference it was very subtle. Same as the video, as both were doing it, hard to tell if it made a difference

Hard to say if that video is a fisherman’s tip video or a wd40 promo! 

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

WD-40 addresses the myth on its website, saying: “While WD-40 can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using it to attract fish.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. That will just be their legal sentence to shrug off any  responsibility involving any potential pollution claims. 

An Irish friend of my dads told him that wd40 would help with hair loss!!!!!!....the same fella told him that green cream you put on animal cuts promoted hair growth!!!  Yes my dad used both.

I would not recommend using wd40 on any fishing reels as the penetrating oil removes grease from the reels leaving them exposed.