Little win

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

If you don’t have any, PBSBAC have a set of club moulds. Maybe a PM to Brian or Martin and you’d be able to borrow them ?

That's a nice suggestion. I already have plenty of moulds built up over the last couple of years, so I'm all set. TBH it's having the time to make them that's the issue. I need an hour without curious kids hanging around trying to see what's going on, or trying to "help"...! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That's a nice suggestion. I already have plenty of moulds built up over the last couple of years, so I'm all set. TBH it's having the time to make them that's the issue. I need an hour without curious kids hanging around trying to see what's going on, or trying to "help"...! 🤣

Well if you get up before your usual 10am awakening, you’d be able to fit more into your day. 

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Well if you get up before your usual 10am awakening, you’d be able to fit more into your day. 

Cheeky sod! If only...! I literally can't remember the last time I was able to sleep in.

I used to make dolls houses and miniatures. I also made various items out of white   metal (basically a lead/tin alloy). Part of my equipment was a vulcanizing press (to make rubber and silicon moulds), and an 11" centrifugal casting machine,along with a couple of temp controlled melt pots. I have never tried to cast lead,but am sure it would be no problem. I cannot get any church roof lead round here as they have all gone over to fibreglass!!! I could make a couple of moulds (with a simple  OO logo if required) and could soon spin up a few smallish  weights. Geoff.

Pouring leads is quite straightforward Geoff. The trick is to pre-warm the moulds so that the molten lead flows nicely all the way to the bottom. I do a pre-pour and half fill the mould to warm it then re-melt the half-lead again. If you have a temp controlled melt pot then you're laughing.

I like the idea of OO branded leads. Except I wouldn't want to lose them! 

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Pouring leads is quite straightforward Geoff. The trick is to pre-warm the moulds so that the molten lead flows nicely all the way to the bottom. I do a pre-pour and half fill the mould to warm it then re-melt the half-lead again. If you have a temp controlled melt pot then you're laughing.

I like the idea of OO branded leads. Except I wouldn't want to lose them! 

Andy loosing branded weights would be no more difficult than loosing any others!!! I know that pouring leads would be very simple, but depending on size I would expect to cast up to about 8 weights per spin which would take about 1 minute at a guess. I could include a line hole through, or a SS loop with the ends cast in at 90 degrees or whatever. Geoff. ☺️