Hi All

Scotch_Egg2012

Hi All,

My name is Scott,  I am based in Fareham and run out of Gosport Marina.  Like to fish the usual Solent & Nab areas.   Used to do a lot of shore angling but in 2017 purchased my own boat and have not looked back.  Haven't fished the beaches since.

I owned a Shetland 570 many years ago, so this is my first foray into boating for a good few years.

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

Welcome. Watch out for the guy with the overgrown speedboat on your stack,and for fk sake don’t lend him any tools, especially drill bits  as he will just break them 

He's already found me Jon, and yeah, the drill bit was a bit shit. Must try harder next time.

12 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Welcome aboard, the 570 was a lovely boat, but the Marlin must be a better fishing platform. Geoff.

The MF is a bit of a marmite boat some love it some hate it,  Personally I really like it. 

They way we fish and travel the helm by the cockpit door doesn't cause a problem and I like the fact it has a bench seat across the back of the cabin.

night and day to the 570 which was a good boat.

1 hour ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

The MF is a bit of a marmite boat some love it some hate it,  Personally I really like it. 

They way we fish and travel the helm by the cockpit door doesn't cause a problem and I like the fact it has a bench seat across the back of the cabin.

night and day to the 570 which was a good boat.

So yours is the model with the only entry is the door by the helm, so everyone has to pass you to get in ? 
personally that would annoy me, but it’s obviously suits you so who cares what I think !
I used to have a MF755, lovely sea boats.  

21 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

So yours is the model with the only entry is the door by the helm, so everyone has to pass you to get in ? 
personally that would annoy me, but it’s obviously suits you so who cares what I think !
I used to have a MF755, lovely sea boats.  

It is indeed said model,  I can see if people are in and out it would be a pain. I like having the seat across the back of the cabin and the helm position is a trade off for that. 

Both my usual angling mates usually sit on the bench seat so it's only me in cabin whilst driving hence it doesn't cause us an issue. 

She is a great sea boat,  the day I purchased her the sea trial was a baptism by fire,  sailed from Portsmouth to Southampton in a force 7 NW,  boat handled it superbly. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, Saintly Fish said:

Hi @Scotch_Egg2012 have you been out lately? Got any fish photos to share?

Hi Saintly,  lost track of when I last went out.  I started a new job in November with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.  Think last time was 2 weeks back, did a midweeker on Ray's Osprey,  went over to Lepe and then to Ryde middle, a slow day with just dogs, Conger and Whiting. 

IMG_20201202_092726.jpg

IMG_20201202_092718.jpg

13 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Hi Saintly,  lost track of when I last went out.  I started a new job in November with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.  Think last time was 2 weeks back, did a midweeker on Ray's Osprey,  went over to Lepe and then to Ryde middle, a slow day with just dogs, Conger and Whiting. 

IMG_20201202_092726.jpg

IMG_20201202_092718.jpg

Cheers Scott. I’m aching to get out. Weather is not looking promising any time soon though.