Tuesday 8-6-21

GPSguru

3 hours ago, JonC said:

Just finished, some big words in there. 
Good idea putting covers on all your hooks, I guess it’s game over if one gets stuck in the side of the boat. Pssssssssssssssssssssssssss

RedGills come with hook protectors fitted, and they can be a PITA to remove sometimes. 
The error I made has been done by many, and many times !

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Well done for making the effort to get out in spite your fatigue. Kudos to you. Shame about the fishing but at least it wasn't a blank 👍

The fatigue is nothing like I have ever experienced, putting one foot in front of the other to walk is like a huge effort. I didn't do myself any favours as the day before, I had laid 32m of composite decking until late in the evening!

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

A good effort under the circumstances Ian. 
What you need is a long sleeve Offshore outlaws T-shirt to keep the sun off and not over heat. XL do you? PM me your address. 

Thanks for the offer Neil, but at the moment I am sorted. The wife has produced a large pile of long sleeved T shirts that I have never worn.

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Thanks for the offer Neil, but at the moment I am sorted. The wife has produced a large pile of long sleeved T shirts that I have never worn.

I guess there’s nowhere to hide from the sun  on a rib, could you configure some sort of Bimini? 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

I guess there’s nowhere to hide from the sun  on a rib, could you configure some sort of Bimini? 

Yes, it can get very hot on a good day, but we rarely anchor, so there is always a slight breeze when drifting. 

Bimini’s are ok, but fraught with issues, and are also speed limiting.

36 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The fatigue is nothing like I have ever experienced, putting one foot in front of the other to walk is like a huge effort. I didn't do myself any favours as the day before, I had laid 32m of composite decking until late in the evening!

Yeah, I can see how that wouldn't help 🤣👍