Im sat at home and its lush weather !

fishybuisness

What to do?

Its smoking hot out and im indoors infront of the fan!

what to do 

im about done with pulling pollock in from the depths!

any suggestions on easy fishing around the torbay area ?

feeling a bit over it 

theres a nice cruise ship thats sail powered just come into the bay. I might have to go and take some photos its called Golden Horizons

3CFD08BD-EDBE-467C-87D7-357008869EB7.jpeg

3 hours ago, fishybuisness said:

What to do?

Its smoking hot out and im indoors infront of the fan!

what to do 

im about done with pulling pollock in from the depths!

any suggestions on easy fishing around the torbay area ?

feeling a bit over it 

theres a nice cruise ship thats sail powered just come into the bay. I might have to go and take some photos its called Golden Horizons

3CFD08BD-EDBE-467C-87D7-357008869EB7.jpeg

Pop down to the skerries for easy Plaice, big blonde and small eyed rays,  and maybe, just maybe the odd turbot. You could also stop on the way at the East Blackstone reef and pick up a few Black bream.

I popped out in the end and managed a few bass and pollock 

It was nice out but pretty slow! I managed a good half hr of fish biting then nothing as it went slack

now to get everything ready for the Sea Angling Classic on the weekend ! 

due to the weather it looks like im not going to make the passage and im on the hunt for a twin axel roller trailer 2600kg. Much safer to tow. 

I know its a big ask but if theres anyone on here that could help i would be forever in debt to them. 

DD5F049E-4CD1-4DD8-9DB4-ADA17F71EE00.jpeg

2 hours ago, fishybuisness said:

I popped out in the end and managed a few bass and pollock 

It was nice out but pretty slow! I managed a good half hr of fish biting then nothing as it went slack

now to get everything ready for the Sea Angling Classic on the weekend ! 

due to the weather it looks like im not going to make the passage and im on the hunt for a twin axel roller trailer 2600kg. Much safer to tow. 

I know its a big ask but if theres anyone on here that could help i would be forever in debt to them. 

DD5F049E-4CD1-4DD8-9DB4-ADA17F71EE00.jpeg

Roadworthy trailers seem to be like rocking horse shit, try a local boat hauling company, they might hire one out for the weekend?

Can't help on the trailer, but good luck for the Sea Angling Classic. @Saintly Fish and I put our names in the hat for that one but it was so oversubscribed with folks wanting to fish it that we (along with about 500 others!) didn't get a slot. Apparently they will increase the number of anglers next year from 150 to 450, so hopefully we'll stand a better chance of getting a place.

Tight lines and keep us posted. Should be a good event.

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Can't help on the trailer, but good luck for the Sea Angling Classic. @Saintly Fish and I put our names in the hat for that one but it was so oversubscribed with folks wanting to fish it that we (along with about 500 others!) didn't get a slot. Apparently they will increase the number of anglers next year from 150 to 450, so hopefully we'll stand a better chance of getting a place.

Unfortunate to not get in buddy. It is purely an invitation event. Somehow someone thought i was worthy??

next year will be the big one and i think the registration opens soon after this event 

im really excited about it but the rules and certain processes are a little hard to grasp at the moment.

ive failed on the trailer front, quite a few people offered but there trailers were not suitable ie: not roller setup or just single axel or no breaks 

for a boat nearing 2 ton a break trailer is a must and im not sure id ever use a single axel ever again

so im making use of the calm before the storm on Thursday morning at 4am. I should arrive at high tide to pull into emsworth marina (tidal) 

Just got some bait for the weekend 

60peelers

live eels and lance 

massive blocks of chum

and a load of dug lug

hopefully the mack are already in that way?

222330A2-440B-4E07-BCF2-10F6253E3ECB.png

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

This year is 30 boats 

next year is 400!