Tinned copper cable

Saintly Fish

Interested in this but need to measure the cross-sectional area of the stuff that's already on the boat before I pull the trigger. If someone else makes you an offer first then no worries, but will let you know once I know what size I need. Suspect it may be too big but will confirm.

Is that 2 core? IE red and the black together or 2 x single lengths?

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Interested in this but need to measure the cross-sectional area of the stuff that's already on the boat before I pull the trigger. If someone else makes you an offer first then no worries, but will let you know once I know what size I need. Suspect it may be too big but will confirm.

You can't really have too big Andy, too small on the other hand is a different matter

Just now, suzook12 said:

You can't really have too big Andy, too small on the other hand is a different matter

I know, but the bigger the cable, the harder it is to make a good job of fitting cable end crimps which is why I'd rather go for the "right" size instead of over-sized.

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I know, but the bigger the cable, the harder it is to make a good job of fitting cable end crimps which is why I'd rather go for the "right" size instead of over-sized.

?? How so mate? Cable end crimps are a piece of pee

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AllRight-Hydraulic-Crimper-Terminals-Crimping/dp/B01C6YQHLS

3 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Yeah, but that requires me to buy the crimping tool and I already have plenty of tools that I bought for a single, one off job (anyone want a valve spring compressor, or a pair of coil spring compressors, or a ball joint fitting & removal tool?). The smaller the diameter the better the job I can do with the tools I already have available.

Or, I might even break out the soldering iron instead.

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Yeah, but that requires me to buy the crimping tool and I already have plenty of tools that I bought for a single, one off job (anyone want a valve spring compressor, or a pair of suspension spring compressors, or a ball joint fitting & removal tool?). The smaller the diameter the better the job I can do with the tools I already have available.

Can't beat having the right tool for the job!!

On 7/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, Andy135 said:

Yeah, but that requires me to buy the crimping tool and I already have plenty of tools that I bought for a single, one off job (anyone want a valve spring compressor, or a pair of coil spring compressors, or a ball joint fitting & removal tool?). The smaller the diameter the better the job I can do with the tools I already have available.

Blow lamp and solder bucket terminal 👍

On 7/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Andy135 said:

Will have to pass on this I'm afraid. The stuff I need is 25mm2.

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

The only draw back with rainbow coloured cable is if you connect it the wrong way around changing the polarity 

I fink it`s ok as long as bof ends r same color

• 1 month later...