Loading a FS reel.

Is there a hard and fast technique for doing this? Ie does the line have to go from spool to reel in a particular direction, and i mean the direction it leaves the spool not the direction you turn the handle to fill the reel. 
My line always seems to be a bit twisted, not a problem when a lead is on it, but can be a pain when tying knots. 

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I've never had an issue with either mono or braid on a FS.

FFS, if an eleven year old me can do it back in the day with no issues, how are you managing to balls it up as a fully grown adult?

It may be because it’s 80lb bs? 

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I've never had an issue with either mono or braid on a FS.

FFS, if an eleven year old me can do it back in the day with no issues, how are you managing to balls it up as a fully grown adult?

Alright ginge, easy. Whats up is the milk gone cold again🍼

4 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

What line is it? What reel is it? Have you checked the line roller is turning freely?

One of my shimanos had a seized roller and had no end of line twist issues. Replaced the bearing and was as you'd expect from shimano

All my fs reels are shimano, so thats good thing to check. Thanks Steve👍🏻

i leave the spool loose in a washing up tub, stand over it, add tension to the line with my finger and thumb and wind on - the spool does its little dance in the tub without rolling around the floor and it seems to untwist itself as it goes!

42 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

i leave the spool loose in a washing up tub, stand over it, add tension to the line with my finger and thumb and wind on - the spool does its little dance in the tub without rolling around the floor and it seems to untwist itself as it goes!

I've done the same using a bucket. Just don't wind too fast or the spool bounces out and races around on the floor 🤣